PDA

View Full Version : What Musical Gifts Did You Get

DownUpDave
12-26-2016, 12:12 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. Musical gifts are always exciting to received so here is your chance to share with the rest of us what you got.

I will go first. I received a pair of Audio Technica ATH -M50x headphones. Gifts cards to Long and McQuad, our big music store in Canada. I am going to buy a good micropnone with that.

A gift from me to me was a Ono 18" tenor ukulele that was on HMS. I didn't think I would see it before Christmas but it showed up on Friday. I will do a NUD once I've spent some time with it.

So please share your musical treasures with us, be they large or small........hoping everyone had a great day.

PhilUSAFRet
12-26-2016, 12:24 AM
Only musical gift I got was the one I bought myself....a Mele mahogany tenor at a ridiculously, and I mean RIDICULOUSLY low price. It will keep my Mele mahogany 6 string concert company.

Booli
12-26-2016, 12:50 AM
...A gift from me to me...

Only musical gift I got was the one I bought myself...

Count me in the self-giver club...

Mine was early though, back around first week of November, when scanning for used ukes in various places, I found a used standard LAVA (black) concert Fluke on sale for about half price of a new one...and since I did not yet have a concert Fluke...and I watched it for about 2 weeks and it was still there (not on eBay)...I figured I should give it a new home...WITH ME...

Four days later it was in my hands :) :music:

It was as described in 'Very good condition' and I'm very happy with it. :rock: :nana:

chainyanker
12-26-2016, 01:33 AM
My wife gave me a set of spoons. Sense I give her a head ach while playing they are plastic. I keep telling my self it the thought that counts. FA AL LAL LAL LAL.

Doxuke
12-26-2016, 02:35 AM
My son gave me The Daily Ukulele and a beautiful handmade wall hanger for my ukulele. Very pleased!

Snargle
12-26-2016, 02:58 AM
My wife gave me a new Peak SMS-20 music stand and a copy of John King's "The Classical Ukulele." For myself, early last week I took delivery of a Pono ATD-CR Cedar-Top Acacia Tenor ukulele! Things have been quite busy here with holiday preparations and a house guest, so no NUD post yet, but I hope to take care of that soon.

Down Up Dick
12-26-2016, 03:04 AM
The only musical gift I got was a bottle of Kilbeggan Irish Whisky. Well, sometimes it helps . . . :old:

Croaky Keith
12-26-2016, 03:07 AM
No pressies this week. :(

But I have been generous to myself over the past year, so can't complain. ;)

Croaky Keith
12-26-2016, 03:09 AM
The only musical gift I got was a bottle of Kilbeggan Irish Whisky. Well, sometimes it helps . . . :old:

That's a larynx lubricator. :)

Choirguy
12-26-2016, 03:26 AM
This year I bought both the Opio and Pono (together about $1150), so I wasn't getting much else for my birthday (November) or Christmas.

A few little gifts did pop up. I was given an Ernie Ball string winder and a set of Martin 620 ukulele strings from my parents, and my wife bought me a laser etched ukulele ornament off Etsy.

My other "big" gift was a new insulated mug from Starbucks.

That isn't a lot when you are responsible for the primary income in the house--but my gifts really are the Opio and Pono.

On the other hand, My wife's aunt asked me to find the song "Christmas will find you" so she could sing it with ukulele--so I transcribed the song and brought it with my Pono to my wife's family Christmas yesterday, so we sat together and sang that, and then as a family sang a number of other songs. By the way--Christmas Will Find You is incredibly LOW for a female singer--and in a ridiculous key--E major. I decided on two alternate keys (A and C) and capoed to E from the C version. (F is also really low...my wife's aunt is a true contralto).

Alytw
12-26-2016, 03:35 AM
My girlfriend got me a Cordoba Mini r. It sounds surprisingly good and I can't believe how much fun it is to play. I'm driving everyone crazy because I haven't put it down (Or it could be because I don't know any songs and keep playing anyways)

Congrats on the Ono Dave, I really like the idea of an 18" scale.

Rllink
12-26-2016, 03:47 AM
Presents that have to do with music. First of all, two vintage Bob Dylan records, one of which is scratched and we are taking back to the store today to see if they have another. I play songs and sing to my baby grand daughter when we take care of her, so her parents gave me a book titled Children's Songs for Solo Ukulele. I'm wondering if it is a hint that the likes of Oh Lord Won't You Buy Me a Mercedes Benz and Bottle of Wine Fruit of the Vine are not what they want me singing to her. Anyway, it looks like a fun book, and it has lots of songs in it. Then my wife gave me a pair of Skullcandy bluetooth headsets to listen to my music on my phone. She got everyone a set. They were on half price sale. The best present of all though was that I had to show my teenage niece how to connect her's to her phone. How often does that happen, a sixty-six year old geezer showing a teenager how to do something technical? Wonders of joy. :D I hope that everyone's holidays were as fun as mine were.

Ukulele Eddie
12-26-2016, 03:57 AM
My music-related gifts were a music theory book and an appropriate ukulele-themed t-shirt ("All I need is this ukulele. And that one there..".

mikelz777
12-26-2016, 04:33 AM
Totally an unexpected surprise from my wife, a couple of song books:

-Jumpin' Jim's Ukulele Christmas
-Jumpin' Jim's Happy Holidays

keod
12-26-2016, 04:42 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. Musical gifts are always exciting to received so here is your chance to share with the rest of us what you got.

I will go first. I received a pair of Audio Technica ATH -M50x headphones. Gifts cards to Long and McQuad, our big music store in Canada. I am going to buy a good micropnone with that.

A gift from me to me was a Ono 18" tenor ukulele that was on HMS. I didn't think I would see it before Christmas but it showed up on Friday. I will do a NUD once I've spent some time with it.

So please share your musical treasures with us, be they large or small........hoping everyone had a great day.

Congrats on the Ono - I saw that on HMS, it is gorgeous. Can't wait to hear a sample. Love those Onos.

Holidays are not big for me anymore with family and friends "gone much too soon". No presents under a tree when you are alone LOL. But I did gift myself some new strings - those Thomastik wound CF27 and 30's to try on a laminate LN concert I have. It has been brutally cold and so dry here (-40 C) that I am reluctant to take the Loprinzi out of its humidified case.

I'm eyeing microphones as well. Nothing too expensive - some good deals are around for the Shure MV5 which connects to both the Ipad and PC without an interface. Recording myself is something new to learn and I think a great incentive/tool to improve.

Hope you snag a good deal Dave. Really looking forward to all the NUDs that should be coming :p

bariukish
12-26-2016, 04:53 AM
Included in a gift bag from my son was a copy of the "Ukulele" magazine. I had never heard of this periodical. Its got lots of uke resources, tips, reviews, travel ideas, etc. It is published quarterly. I'm certainly going to pop for a 2017 subscription.

kohanmike
12-26-2016, 05:13 AM
I'll skip the gifts I got myself (too many to list) and just note the gift my 94 year old mother got me that she doesn't even know about, two Samson R31S dynamic microphones plus two 25 foot XLR cables. Yesterday he gave me Chanukah Gelt, $100, and I'm off to Sam Ash today.

Down Up Dick
12-26-2016, 05:18 AM
I hope you have a Happy Chanukah, and a good time at Sam Ash. :old:

Twibbly
12-26-2016, 05:33 AM
Do beans count? (just kidding!)

I used some of my Christmas money to order a music stand. Haven't had Christmas with my parents yet, that'll happen on Wednesday or Thursday.

Mivo
12-26-2016, 07:18 AM
I received a pair of Audio Technica ATH -M50x headphones. Gifts cards to Long and McQuad, our big music store in Canada. I am going to buy a good micropnone with that.

The ATH-M50 are great cans. I bought them a few years ago and they are fantastic studio headphones that have a super price/value ratio. Love them. They hold up well under intense use also. I had done a lot of research before buying them, too.

Musical gifts this year were all self-bought (partially with my Christmas bonus from work), though it's just coincidence (excuses) that these purchases happened around the holidays. I got myself a 24" parlor guitar from Alvarez, the AP70 (http://alvarezguitars.com/guitar/ap70/). It's large for a parlor guitar, but I'm very happy with that because it means it has good bass resonance in standard guitar tuning. I really like the 44.45mm (1.75") nut, and any more narrow string spacing wouldn't work for me (I saw the GS Mini has 42-something mm). It's much better than the 51mm of the guitarlele (sold it) or the 52mm of a classical guitar, so I figure that is the sweet spot for me. Perhaps 46mm would be perfect, but 44 and a half mm works well. Love the 24" scale. No idea how people can play comfortably on larger scales! I greatly enjoy the steel strings sound. It's very different from the ukulele sound and a great contrast, so there is little overlap and I don't feel like I'm playing the same instrument just in a bigger size.

I'm also getting a proper stool this week, because I don't have any without arms (this one (https://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_dh_500.htm)) and a tambourine (https://www.thomann.de/gb/lp_174_cyclop_tambourine_bk.htm). The stool is for guitar playing (the stuff I never considered with ukuleles because they are so wonderfully uncomplicated in their handling), and the tambourine is for my New Years resolution to work on my sense of rhythm and tempo! I could do that without a tambourine, but this also gets me to walk around/stand up more. Similar reason why I started to learn juggling (balls) a few weeks ago. I sit too much, both for work and when practicing. Plus, it should be fun!

cml
12-26-2016, 07:27 AM
I bought a pair of Sony mdr-100abn for myself. Noise cancelling and wireless.

UkerDanno
12-26-2016, 07:58 AM
Looking forward to getting an Ohana CK-35-8 for myself, Mim says she has some and will be available soon!

2manistrings
12-26-2016, 08:04 AM
I got strings, which I really needed! I've often wondered why I restring my uke every 3 months. Well now I know. That last set of strings was on 4 months and had dings/chips in the strings by the time I removed them. Uke is happy now with new strings, but I haven't restrung the guitar yet. :)

fowl
12-26-2016, 08:06 AM
I received the 4cd box set WITH MY LITTLE UKULELE IN MY HAND. Lots of things to play my kazoo with!

pinkuke
12-26-2016, 08:48 AM
I bought myself a Luna Pink Martini concert sized ukulele, strung with Low G Worth Clears. This uke will be at my work, to stave off those bad days or when inspiration strikes! It sounds really good for what it costs and has a funky retro look.

bonesoup
12-26-2016, 09:27 AM
I am enjoying reading everyones musical gifts. My wife got me The Martin Ukulele by Tom Walsh and John King. It is great. It is big like a sheet music book, glossy and with lots of photos. I recommend it.

If Martin does an anniversary model next year, that will be hard to resist.

mds725
12-26-2016, 09:42 AM
I treated myself to a used Kamaka baritone ukulele. It's a sibling to the Kamama baritone I bought a few years ago, and I'm considering restringing one of them GCEA. I've become very comfortable with baritone scale.

I also bought 50 kazoos, which I distributed with my San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion friends when we sang holiday songs for a few hours on the Embarcadero in San Francisco. Nothing is more fun than watching children hum along on a kazoo to a song he or she knows and to watch them realize that they're making music with other people/

Included in a gift bag from my son was a copy of the "Ukulele" magazine. I had never heard of this periodical. Its got lots of uke resources, tips, reviews, travel ideas, etc. It is published quarterly. I'm certainly going to pop for a 2017 subscription.

This magazine began as a one-time insert in Acoustic Guitar magazine, and is published by the same people. For that insert, someone from AG came to interview our ukulele club. It's a good magazine that seems to care about the ukulele.

quiltingshirley
12-26-2016, 10:14 AM
96526I got an unexpected gift from our 2 daughters and their families. S8omething I've never seen before. It's a Woodrow stick dulcimer. It's like a small lightweight thing with 3 strings and 7 uneven frets. Luckily it came with a book and DVD which of course I haven't looked at yet. I've tuned it A E a and like the sound. (Tried some others too, G and D) If you go up the melody string fret by fret it goes up the scale. Hubby and I are having fun. It's smaller than his upright bass and less strings than anything we own.

Chopped Liver
12-26-2016, 10:16 AM
I think I am going to order a Caramel sopranino with some money I got!

Oh, and I got beans, too . . . :p

Django
12-26-2016, 10:29 AM
My favorite gift was sharing the ukulele with a Daughter and a Grand Daughter. Both want to play ukulele, so now we can share the experience. I gave my Daughter a concert Flea and my Grand Daughter a Waterman with setups and Uke Leashes.

My me to me gift is a Yusama Tiple, Martin T28 copy. That arrives on Wednesday but cannot open until Thursday.

SoloRule
12-26-2016, 10:49 AM
I didn't get musical related item from the humans around me but a UU member sent me a gift card from Strings by mail! :smileybounce:
I am one happy camper !

Choirguy
12-26-2016, 10:58 AM
I treated myself to a used Kamaka baritone ukulele. It's a sibling to the Kamama baritone I bought a few years ago, and I'm considering restringing one of them GCEA. I've become very comfortable with baritone scale.

I also bought 50 kazoos, which I distributed with my San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion friends when we sang holiday songs for a few hours on the Embarcadero in San Francisco. Nothing is more fun than watching children hum along on a kazoo to a song he or she knows and to watch them realize that they're making music with other people/

This magazine began as a one-time insert in Acoustic Guitar magazine, and is published by the same people. For that insert, someone from AG came to interview our ukulele club. It's a good magazine that seems to care about the ukulele.

So would you tune UP to GCEA or Down?

2manistrings
12-26-2016, 04:16 PM

Mwa ha haa! Same was given to my musical partner and it helped a great deal! LOL

kohanmike
12-26-2016, 04:23 PM
I hope you have a Happy Chanukah, and a good time at Sam Ash. :old:

Thanks Dick, Happy and Merry to you. I ended up only getting the mics, they didn't have the cables I wanted, so I got online and found a cable by Planet Waves/D'Addario that has connecters that turn 90 degrees in either direction, something I've been looking for to use with my small Yamaha mixer. I'm now very happy and merry.

http://www.kohanmike.com/uploads/Planet Waves swivel cable.jpghttp://www.kohanmike.com/uploads/Yamaha MG06.jpg

mds725
12-26-2016, 04:37 PM
So would you tune UP to GCEA or Down?

I have a Compass Rose baritone scale ukulele that is tuned GCEA an octave lower than tenor ukulele. Rick Turner calls it an "octave ukulele" and he has one for sale at Gryphon Stringed Instruments (https://shop.gryphonstrings.com/products/ukulele--octave-rick-turner-compass-rose-octave-ukulele-new-47685) from time to time. I plan to tune one of my Kamaka baritones up, so that it's the same octave as a tenor uke. I've heard that a baritone tuned like a tenor can sound more resonant because of the longer scale and larger lower bout.

Booli
12-26-2016, 04:55 PM

...This magazine began as a one-time insert in Acoustic Guitar magazine, and is published by the same people. For that insert, someone from AG came to interview our ukulele club. It's a good magazine that seems to care about the ukulele.
I had subscribed to this one in the past, and will be renewing in the next few days. I agree that it is an excellent magazine, and nice that it is quarterly so that the back issues do not pile up to fast.

Also, once you are a subscriber, you can download the back issues as PDF files, which I thought was very generous of them.

I am enjoying reading everyones musical gifts...
Me too! Nice to see that such wonderful gifts are given this time of year. :)

96526I got an unexpected gift from our 2 daughters and their families. S8omething I've never seen before. It's a Woodrow stick dulcimer. It's like a small lightweight thing with 3 strings and 7 uneven frets. Luckily it came with a book and DVD which of course I haven't looked at yet. I've tuned it A E a and like the sound. (Tried some others too, G and D) If you go up the melody string fret by fret it goes up the scale. Hubby and I are having fun. It's smaller than his upright bass and less strings than anything we own.

A stick dulcimer was also famously made by Bob McNally, and he called it the 'StrumStick'.

here is some info:
https://strumstick.com/pages/history-of-the-strumstick

and here is a video with him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zol_SX0YdG0

and he has tutorial videos on his YT channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/bobomcnally/videos?view=0&flow=grid&sort=da

You might have an easier time searching on 'strumstick' for learning, but regardless of what key you tune it to, all 3-string dulcimer music should translate just fine. There are lots of online resources for you to discover.

The uneven frets translate to a diatonic scale, as opposed to the chromatic scale, with ALL the frets, with the idea being to simplify playing, and so that it is impossible to play a 'wrong' note.

Many folks find them lots of fun, good luck with yours! :music:

DownUpDave
12-26-2016, 05:06 PM
I have a Compass Rose baritone scale ukulele that is tuned GCEA an octave lower than tenor ukulele. Rick Turner calls it an "octave ukulele" and he has one for sale at Gryphon Stringed Instruments (https://shop.gryphonstrings.com/products/ukulele--octave-rick-turner-compass-rose-octave-ukulele-new-47685) from time to time. I plan to tune one of my Kamaka baritones up, so that it's the same octave as a tenor uke. I've heard that a baritone tuned like a tenor can sound more resonant because of the longer scale and larger lower bout.

I have my Kinnard mahogany baritone tuned GCEA and it sound great, it's low G. I used South Coast HML - WB strings which I have on a few tenors and they worked out perfectly. It really is more resonant than my tenors because of the larger body, just pure physics.i

greyghost
12-26-2016, 07:05 PM

I'm with you! Here, it's a bottle of Jameson CaskMates (aged in Guinness barrels)--definitely helps with the music. Also, I have clearance from the wife to get a decent baritone (probably from Mim--because she rocks) to replace my Rogue. I see a new Ohana in my immediate future!

Captain Simian
12-26-2016, 07:43 PM
I did pretty well this year for once. I usually get stuff I never think to buy myself like clothes and shoes. The CFO got me a Taylor 25th Anniversary 310-M, the spawn got me a MIJ Fender Foto Flame telecaster, and her boyfriend bought me a 50's (I think) Martin soprano.

actadh
12-27-2016, 04:43 AM
Gift card from my son to a local music store. String changes are planned.

Down Up Dick
12-27-2016, 07:59 AM

I don't understand how you tuned your baritone "GCEA an octave lower than tenor ukulele." What did you use for the low CEA?

But I'm an old guy, and I get confused easily. :old:

Rob Uker
12-27-2016, 08:01 AM
I gave myself a gift.
I built this cookie tin ukulele96538

SoloRule
12-27-2016, 08:17 AM
I gave myself a gift.
I built this cookie tin ukulele96538

That's a great gift. Much more valuable than store bought gift

LDS714
12-27-2016, 12:14 PM
Izotope Ozone Advanced/Neutron Advanced Bundle - Mastering/Mixing software. Actually got it a bit before Christmas to finish our new album with. Amazing software!

bluesuke
12-28-2016, 02:44 AM

Great little Amp

Rob Uker
12-28-2016, 08:56 AM
Thanks. It has a really unique sound.
Sort of like a steel drum when you pluck it.

WCBarnes
12-28-2016, 09:27 AM
My wife got me The Martin Ukulele by Tom Walsh and John King. It is great. It is big like a sheet music book, glossy and with lots of photos. I recommend it.

If Martin does an anniversary model next year, that will be hard to resist.

i got that book last year for Christmas. It is an excellent read!

This year she got me Eddie Vedder's Ukulele Songs Songbook. It is pretty neat. Aside from "traditional" chords he also lists the chord variations he uses in some of his songs for different voicings.

bonesoup
12-28-2016, 12:25 PM
i got that book last year for Christmas. It is an excellent read!

This year she got me Eddie Vedder's Ukulele Songs Songbook. It is pretty neat. Aside from "traditional" chords he also lists the chord variations he uses in some of his songs for different voicings.

The Martin book, I agree! I see you already have a piece of that history with your 20s 0. That is awesome. So from the book yours would be after their peak year of 25, yet they were still selling thousands of 0s in the late 20s. It is great that yours is one that survived!

WCBarnes
12-29-2016, 12:55 AM
The Martin book, I agree! I see you already have a piece of that history with your 20s 0. That is awesome. So from the book yours would be after their peak year of 25, yet they were still selling thousands of 0s in the late 20s. It is great that yours is one that survived!

I will admit, it was the book that lit the flame to find a vintage Martin. I was able to get a nice one without any cracks. I still keep my eye out for others, but I am quite happy with the one I have. Maybe a Koa one.... Hmmmm....

sam13
12-29-2016, 04:24 AM
I received a Capo.

Christmas came all year long in 2016 for me ... it was a very good year.

JeLeh
12-29-2016, 07:59 AM
My husband gave me an Ohana SK-08 O’Nino Sopranissimo that has been on my wish list since it came out. I'm loving the cute little thing! I named him Hans after the character on the Todd Browning movie, "Freaks". I also got a hard case for the Ohana sopranino I had and a bunch of different types of strings to try throughout the year. It was a good Christmas! :)

ksiegel
12-29-2016, 03:52 PM
I got a rock.

Well, actually, no I didn't. That was Hallowe'en.

I got nothing related to music, but did get out to Los Gatos to see my Mother-in-law, and got out to play with the San Jose Ukulele Club at their Sunday jam at the New Almaden Clubhouse - It was great seeing Gillian again.

Otherwise, no gifts, and that's just fine.

Booli
12-29-2016, 05:48 PM
I don't understand how you tuned your baritone "GCEA an octave lower than tenor ukulele." What did you use for the low CEA?

But I'm an old guy, and I get confused easily. :old:

Back around end of 2013 or start of 2014 when Rick Turner was still actively posting here on UU, there were about a half dozen threads discussing string choices for an 'octave uke'. i.e., ~baritone scale with linear GCEA tuning, as in G2-C3-E3-A3, and IIRC the strings most folks favored were the extra hard tension Savarez classical guitar strings, silverplated copper wound strings, as in the EADG strings from one of the 'RED CARD' or 'GOLD CARD' Savarez classical guitar string sets.

I was able to work out a re-entrant octave uke setup using the Thomastik-Infeld chrome flatwound strings as per below, and had the minstalled on a 20" scale baritone for a while:

G3 - 0.027" -Thomastik-Infled string # CF27
C3 - 0.035" -Thomastik-Infled string # CF35
E3 - 0.030" -Thomastik-Infled string # CF30
A3 - 0.027" -Thomastik-Infled string # CF27

I TRIED linear tuning, but the only string thicker that T-I makes is the CF45, 0.045", and tuned to a G2 note was floppy, had a tubby sound and did not intonate well, likely due to only having about 8lbs of string tension, when ideally you'd need at least 11-12 lbs of string tension for that note, and by not intonate well, I mean that even at the 1st and 12th fret it was 20 cents sharp, which to my ears is completely unusable.

Hope this helps. :)

Nickie
12-29-2016, 05:57 PM
I think I am going to order a Caramel sopranino with some money I got!

Oh, and I got beans, too . . . :p

Are they magic beans?

Nickie
12-29-2016, 06:02 PM
I got this beautiful silver ostrich skin case for my uke, but I haven't figured out how to play a tune on the damn thing. I get lots of compliments on it, and the cats love sleeping on it.

Debussychopin
12-29-2016, 08:58 PM
I got (or bought for myself..I only get gift certs these times have changed) some music books. A few classical uke books by Mizen and John King.
Also a HenleVerlag urtext Mozart sonatas volume 1 always wanted it.

buddhuu
12-30-2016, 12:34 AM
My gift from my beloved wife was a contribution towards my new fiddle.

It's the instrument at which I am least accomplished so the real gift is her encouragement and tolerance despite the gawdawful noise she has to tolerate as I try to emulate Ketch Secor's fiddle part from 'Wagon Wheel'...

Over the years she's put up with 'ukulele, various guitars, bass, tin whistle, bodhran, djembe, harmonica, banjo, mandolin, bazouki and violin. I don't deserve her.

Tootler
12-30-2016, 02:06 AM
I treated myself to a baritone uke. Like D-U-D it was at a ridiculously low price. Not a particularly well known brand but well made and with good tone and intonation. My daughter gave me some money towards it for Christmas and an Amazon voucher for my Birthday. I also got an Amazon Voucher from my Dad so they will probably go on something musical. Last year I spent the Amazon Vouchers from family on a Boss Vocal Performer which, though I haven't used it a lot I have found useful, especially the harmony function.

DownUpDave
12-30-2016, 02:17 AM
My gift from my beloved wife was a contribution towards my new fiddle.

It's the instrument at which I am least accomplished so the real gift is her encouragement and tolerance despite the gawdawful noise she has to tolerate as I try to emulate Ketch Secor's fiddle part from 'Wagon Wheel'...

Over the years she's put up with 'ukulele, various guitars, bass, tin whistle, bodhran, djembe, harmonica, banjo, mandolin, bazouki and violin. I don't deserve her.

They say love is blind.........apparently it is deaf as well. Me wife is also extremely tolerant of my "noise making" .

buddhuu
12-31-2016, 03:22 PM
They say love is blind.........apparently it is deaf as well. Me wife is also extremely tolerant of my "noise making" .

We are very, very lucky, mate. I have a drummer friend who gets nothing but stress from his missus. LOL.