Tiny Tenor

Tomthebaptist

Reaction score
I just purchased, sight unseen, a Romero Tiny Tenor all mahogany ukulele online. I expect to receive it on Friday of this week. I am intrigued by this little ukulele. However, I've never played one, only heard it played online. I had a choice between mahogany with spruce top or all mahogany. I chose the all mahogany mainly because I like the way it looks. Also, I have an all mahogany tenor that I really like the sound and enjoy playing.

I like the sweet tone of a concert, but being a guitar player, I find it difficult to play in tune. I tend to bend the strings out of tune. I don't have that problem with my Tenor. So, I'm assuming that the Tiny Tenor will provide me with the sweet sound of a concert with the feel of a tenor scale. Am I right on that?

For those who either own or have played a Tiny Tenor, what can I expect? It comes with Low-G LaBella Strings -- did you change the strings out for something else, if so what?

Thanks ahead of time for your input. And by the way, Have a Happy New Year.

Tadpole

Can't say about a Tiny Tenor, but I do have a tenor neck concert in mahogany, & it plays & sounds more like a tenor than a concert, but not quite. I like mine. :)

I'm interested in your review. I like the look, concept and sound of what I see on line. I'd like to try one before I buy but no good ukulele stores in my area. Only guitar stores with Kala. I have three good tenors so not a must have purchase but my radar is up and UAS is alive and well so I like to hear from owners as I get closer. Congratulations. Looking forward to your opninon once you have played it awhile.

Received Romero Mahogany Tiny Tenor this morning. FedEX dropped it off 10:30AM. Have been playing it steady for several hours now -- fun little uke with great big sound. I'm blown away by the projection. This little box spits sound out like a laser. You have to play and hear it to know what I mean. The intonation (I'm a stickler for good intonation), is the best I've heard on a ukulele. I don't know if this is due to the strings or what --- but it is near perfect all the way up the neck. The build quality is excellent. The setup is spot on, at least the way I like it. Others might want to tweak to their liking. Did I mention the intonation? IMO this is where this little guy shines -- it is balanced up and down the neck -- I can find no dead spots anywhere up and down the neck -- great finger style as well as playing chord melodies. I'm very pleased with it. It came in a soft case. The case isn't the best, but that's ok. I wasn't in the market for a case. It works and thats all that matters. I really like this little fellow -- I think we will get along just fine. Now, its time to play some more. A keeper for sure!!

Happy New Year,
Tadpole

Top Bottom