Tremolo study

jelow1966

Reaction score
Years ago I started learning classical guitar tremolo on the uke but lacked the patience to get very far. Now that I'm older and have a little more patience I've decided to try again. Does anyone know of any tremolo studies for the uke? I know you're supposed to learn by playing on just open strings for hours but not only do I not have the patience for that, but neither I nor my loved ones, wants to listen to it. I need something with variety. I'm thinking more on the lines of a book or pdf as opposed to a video since I know the technique but just want something to use it in. Anyone know of such a thing?

John

No. Not for 'ukulele. But if you get clever you can use guitar materials. This looks pretty great: http://douglasniedt.com/techtiphowtomasterthetremolo.html. Lots of ideas, at least.

If it was me, I'd practice tremolo going up and down scales or sequencing scales or across arpeggios or in a song. Plus, whatever else you can come up with.

Well, you could work on Toccata. Aldrine plays it with tremolo. And it's hard.

Juan Serrano's "Flamenco Guitar: Basic Techniques" from Mel Bay has a few good pages on the 5 note Flamenco tremolo. Though, you would have to adapt it to the uke.

Petey

Juan Serrano's "Flamenco Guitar: Basic Techniques" from Mel Bay has a few good pages on the 5 note Flamenco tremolo. Though, you would have to adapt it to the uke.

Petey

Excellent idea as I have this book and have adapted some stuff from it already.

John

Top Bottom