K1 Kanile'a soundmonster

RAZZLE

Reaction score
Being in Australia i don't have the opportunity to play the following uke.Kanile'a k1 concert soundmonster in satin that MGM has.My quuestions are 1.Does the satin finish resonate more than the UV finish(is that why its called a sound monster?)2.Does the satin finish scratch more easily?I am a strummer not a picker and from what i have seen and read from various posts this suits the bill.right?I currently have an Ohana ck200g which i love but as we all know that will never be enough.Any input will be greatly appreciated and MGM will have another satisfied customer from Down Under.Thankyou all in advance.

Yes, the satin finish does resonate more than the UV finish. Like a LOT more. I played the UV and the Satin tenors back to back, and the back of the satin one vibrated like crazy. I could feel it against my body. Of course, I didn't abuse the satin one since I didn't own it (do want one though...maybe if they make another special edition for the next Roy Sakuma uke fest, I'll convince my dad he needs one) but it probably shows wear more. Because once you remove the fingerprint smudges, my K1-T looks just fine. And I have let my dad play it. And if you look at his Kamaka (with whatever finish that has,) it's got scratches all over the front from his strumming.

Kanile'a Concert Satin

It's a beautiful ukulele. Doesn't show wear in any way (though I've only had mine since Feb.) and sounds so, so good.

I am selling mine because I've decided soprano s a better size for me. But I highly recommend this ukulele. You'll be so happy with its palyability and tones, sustain..everything.

Wanna buy mine? Send me a PM.

Satin's are louder then a gloss, I personally don't think that is better but it can be seen as a positive.

Only grip I have with the matte finish ones is if you play with long fingernails you will scratch it at some point. The gloss stuff is also much happier around liquor.

They are good instruments though I have had 9-10 of them over the years and they hold up to my playing style and I am not easy on my ukes.

Top Bottom