FS: Rick Turner Compass Rose Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

banjers51

Reaction score
As a New Year's Resolution for 2017, I've decided it's time to reduce the number of instruments. At the top of the list regrettably are a couple of tenor ukuleles, including my Rick Turner Compass Rose model. I've owned this for several years, but I'm primarily a guitar/banjo/fiddle player which means I rarely have time for the uke--as a result, it's in pristine condition as is its hardshell case. This particular example features a stunning sycamore body (top, back and sides) and matching peghead overlay; the neck is mahogany, the fingerboard is ebony and the bridge is rosewood. I purchased this from Gryphon Stringed Instruments and was told at the time that the sycamore Turner used was locally sourced, very close to his shop. It certainly makes a gorgeous first impression, and it sounds terrific: very responsive, warm and even throughout its range. I'm asking $975.00 for the uke and its case, including shipping and insurance anywhere in the Lower 48; those outside that area, please contact me for a quote for shipping.

I'm not well known in this community, but have been active in both the Banjo and Dobro Hangout groups for years under the same moniker (banjers51), and can supply many positive references from numerous transactions as a seller and buyer. As mentioned above, I'm not really a uke player which is why I've determined to let this one go; I'll also be selling a Boat Paddle tenor as part of my reduction plan.

I'm happy to answer questions, discuss details, provide more pictures, etc. Contact me either through this site or via email: banjers51(at)gmail(dot)com.

Happy New Year to all and thanks for your consideration.

Richard (banjers51)

Attachments

• Full front.jpg
    Full front.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Front detail.jpg
    Front detail.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 161
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Side.jpg