ukuleles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckenzie03

Reaction score
Hi i am mckenzie ind i really want to get into playing the ukulele but i dont have the money to afford one so i was wondering if someone could help me out and give me a ukulele i would be very apprecitive

Thank you
-Mckenzie

Welcome to the UU Forums!

You might find someone that is wiliing to send you a ukulele--but there are many inexpensive solutions, too. You should probably let people know where you are (state/country/nearest large city) so that if someone does have one to give you, they could drop it off instead of having to ship it (which is not exactly cheap to do).

If you check out the Caramel brand, you can get a very decent beginner ukulele--in the "Concert" size for $37, shipped from China. In the world of musical instruments, that is basically nothing. You can find those on eBay, Amazon, and on their own webpage.

I may be a grumpy old man, but isn't it rather presumptuous and lacking in manners to ask for a free ukulele on the very first post to a forum?

I may be a grumpy old man, but isn't it rather presumptuous and lacking in manners to ask for a free ukulele on the very first post to a forum?
It is to, to be sure, a bold move. I was going to offer her one if she drove to Indiana to pick it up, but that might well cost more than a really good Uke.

I also wonder McKenzie's age, may very well be a young kid.

It certainly does take some big brass balls to ask for something like that right out of the chute. When I wanted something but didn't have the money I found a way to make some money and saved up to buy it but I suppose nothing ventured, nothing gained right?

Hi i am scott ind i really want to get into playing a Kanile'a but i dont have the money to afford one so i was wondering if someone could help me out and give me a Kanile'a i would be very apprecitive

Thank you
-Scott

Last edited:
I think that is how it is done these days. You go on the internet and have other people support whatever it is that you want to do. Isn't that what go fund me is all about?

It certainly does take some big brass balls to ask for something like that right out of the chute.

That made me laugh out loud :) LOLZ, as I believe the young people say.

I also wonder McKenzie's age, may very well be a young kid.

That's interesting because I was wondering the same thing... but I think that has a lot to do with the spelling and grammar of the post... and a very cynical part of me thinks that might be quite a deliberate attempt at reader manipulation. Basically, my bs detector is getting a little twitchy.

Edit: Also, if someone has a spare LoPrinzi baritone that they could send me, I'd be rarely greetfil.

Last edited:

Yup, that's what I thought...if you can't afford to pay, you can't afford to play.

I'd agree if we were talking about food for dinner or help with a car repaid, but we're talking about a recreational expense that should come last after all other living expenses. Or it could simply be an attempt to get a rise outta' someone while trolling...

FWIW - I was originally thinking along those lines as well...however...

The OP must be pretty desperate to ignore common sense and beg for a freebie without an introduction post, nor participate in any other conversations prior to the request.

I am humbled to think about and consider someone who is far less fortunate than myself, and since doing so, have withdrawn my thoughts of passing judgment on another person, for who am I? I am nobody.

If the OP will reveal location, maybe a suitable in-person donor will appear, time will tell.

Saw this earlier and will be keeping tabs on this post ... chances are good this will be shut down PDQ.

Hello all im no money and have no way to pay rent or pay for my kids meals but I want a Playstation can someone donate to me?

Well, if it was a kid, they'd have been back several times by now to see if they'd got one, 24 hours later & still not been back, so a troll it must be. :troll:

Well I guess me asking for a gold tone but is out.

Yup, that's what I thought...if you can't afford to pay, you can't afford to play.
Not sure that the mahalo crowd would agree that ukulele playing is a rich man's sport. However, no one has disagreed with you yet. But seriously, how many would gladly hand over a ukulele to someone who hadn't even asked for it, in the hopes that they would be brought into the fold, but take offense to someone else actually asking for one? Trolling or not, I've found some of the responses interesting.

Last edited:
LOL. I am not one to beg, but would happily adopt a K-brand if anyone wants to let one go...:)
To send this off in another direction, is busking just another form of begging? I've had this discussion with family members. I do busk, by the way. So if it is, I guess I'm not above it.

To send this off in another direction, is busking just another form of begging? I've had this discussion with family members. I do busk, by the way. So if it is, I guess I'm not above it.

I wouldn't classify it the same. Begging is asking for something without offering anything in return. Busking is providing a performance with the hope of receiving a payment/donation.

I deleted my previous posts because I no longer wish to be part of this thread. Please carry on without me. I will be unsubscribed from it once I post this message. Thank you.

Yup, what he said. Performing, regardless of venue deserves payment. With regard to busking; you're performing without a contract or promise to pay while hoping someone will enjoy your contribution enough to provide remuneration. Busking is completely different from begging in my opinion.
I wouldn't classify it the same. Begging is asking for something without offering anything in return. Busking is providing a performance with the hope of receiving a payment/donation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom