Ovation Applause UA10

Yes, its a soprano. They're very nice ukes, too.

There is an Ovation/applause round back soprano bag made for it...

ebay has them for 29.00

I own a UA10. Yes, it has 17 frets. 12 to the body and an extra 5 frets from the body to the soundhole. If the place you're buying from doesn't say it comes with a case, you have to buy it separately. Any soprano gig bag will work despite the roundback. In fact, the roundback makes it easier to use the bag. Soprano gig bags are usually around £10. I would try your local music shops in the UK and see what they have first before buying a bag online.

If you still want the link to buy the overpriced Applause bag, here it is:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Applause-Roundback-Soprano-Ukulele-Gig-Bag_W0QQitemZ180335222796QQ

Sure, it may have a little more contour than other bags, but I think any other bag is just as good. Any soprano gig bag will do their job of helping you carry the ukulele around.

P.S. Buy a good set of strings with it. The stock C string sounds distinctly different than the others.

Last edited:
I've got a UA10. I don't use a case though. The thing is durable. Hard cases are expensive (for the UA10, costs almost as much as the instrument,) and gig bags are a waste of money, IMO since they only really protect from dust gathering on your instrument. But guess what? The UA10 comes in a wonderful cardboard box. I use that box to store and protect it. Works great.

Don't buy a case = Save money = Buy more ukes.

New strings take a while to settle in and stretch. Keep playing and retuning and you'll soon find that the strings stay in tune very well. The geared tuners on Ovation Applause ukes are very good quality. I own two of the acoustic/electric UAE20's and will attest to the fact that they develop a very rich and loud sound after they break in. It takes about a year of playing to get to that really sweet tone. Ric

Ukulele562.jpg

Any standard soprano case will fit this ukulele.

Get rid of the stock strings and get Aquila concert strings, your uke will sound so much better (and louder) with them. The concert strings are a bit thicker and I like them better on this Ovation.

Top Bottom