Los Angeles beginning ukers - new class starting Feb 1

janeray1940

Reaction score
Calling all uke newbies! If you're in the Los Angeles area and are seeking some guidance, I highly recommend checking out the upcoming Beginning Ukulele class at McCabe's. That's where my uke journey started eight years ago, and it hasn't stopped yet!

In case you have trouble with the link (the shop is having some website issues), here's the info:

The class starts Feb 1, and meets every Wednesday 8pm-9:30pm for 8 weeks (through March 22). It's taught by Steve Rose (whose playing and arranging skills can be seen in the "Odd Squad" link in my sig) and he will get you playing actual songs in no time at all. You'll get a wide range of musical styles from rock to country to Tin Pan Alley and everything in between, and you will learn more than the typical three chords. The fee is $180 for 8 sessions.

Feel free to call the shop for more info, or to PM me - I'm not affiliated other than being a friendly enabler and a big believer in some things being done better face to face rather than in cyberspace.

Happy ukeing!

Last edited:
Also, forgot to mention - no need to sign up in advance, just show up the first night of class. Next Wednesday!

Top Bottom