Hello from Arizona

Kahua

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Wayne, but on the forum I chose the name "Kahua."

I am new to the world of ukuleles, and looking forward to the learning journey. I recently purchased my first ukulele (soprano) a few days ago. It was an inexpensive one called a "Kahua." Considering the cost of only $30, I'm quite pleased with it. A good starter instrument. I thought since this is my first ukulele I would choose that name for the forum.

I played guitar for a few years when younger, but I have always enjoyed the beautiful sound from the ukulele. The first time I saw one being played was while watching TV shows staring Arthur Godfrey. I was but a very young boy at the time.

I really love Hawaiian music, and I thought how nice it would be to play them on the ukulele. So far I have been learning chords from a chord chart I purchased and I'm presently learning how to play, "The Hawaiian Wedding Song," since that was the song my wife and I chose when we got married, and also one of my favorite Hawaiian songs, "Now is the Hour."

I look forward to learning a great deal from the folks here.

Aloha
Kahua (Wayne)

Thank you for the welcome folks. I'm really looking forward in being here. The ukulele is a new journey for me and I'm very excited about it. I have a ton of things to learn on the journey, and after reading so many of the threads and responses, I feel that I have made the right choice in coming here.

Hi Wayne! Welcome! Where are you in AZ? I'm in Phoenix but attend the Sun Lakes Ukulele class/ song circle every other Sunday (just met today). Sun City West also meets and is apparently huge in their numbers.

Aloha Wayne/Kahua. May your uke give you joy.

Top Bottom