Moving sale - multiple ukes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARKbOC

Reaction score
Moving to a much smaller home necessitates consolidating and doing some shedding of 'stuff.' Sadly, this herd needs to be thinned quite a bit.

Note - before any sympathy creeps into your heart, I have two very nice uke purchases in process / pending. So shed no tears for this guy. UAS and major life changes makes an interesting cocktail. :)

I will be putting up multiple posts with pictures next week but just in case there are any shoppers perusing over the weekend I thought I'd list what's getting moved.

Pineapple ULO #8 Soprano
Kala KA-ST (solid spruce top) Tenor
Ojai Valley Uke Co handmade Mahogany/Redwood concert
Pono UL4-40 steel string tenor guitar ebony/cedar

The Kala is in "good" to "pretty good" condition. The others have all been well cared for and humidified, bordering on "like new" condition.

If you have any interest or questions please let me know.

**Apologies in advance for my poor UU sales etiquette; I'll get pics and prices up next week when I'm at my computer and have had a chance to look into what is a fair price for these and shipping costs. If this needs to be moved to a different forum section for the time being, I understand.

How much would humidity be an issue with the ULO? If it's in my price range, I'd love to have it if living in a desert won't kill it. Hummingbirds are kind of a thing in my family. :

P.M. sent about: Pono UL4-40 steel string tenor guitar ebony/cedar

Responded to all the PM's. Thank you for all the interest. Still planning to upload pics Monday.
With regard to the ULO/humidity, it IS made of wood however it's a mix of solid Woods like pine and plywood as well. I am less concerned about humidity with it than my solid wood ukes for sure but obviously wouldn't be leaving it in a hot car either. Some of Duane's early posts about the ULO's go into a good amount of detail about their construction. If you put "ukulele like object" into the search box you'll find a ton of info.
It's really one of the most fun instruments I've ever played. Totally unique sound and style.

How much for the Kala? I have a friend looking for a tenor...

Responded to all the PM's. Thank you for all the interest. Still planning to upload pics Monday.
With regard to the ULO/humidity, it IS made of wood however it's a mix of solid Woods like pine and plywood as well. I am less concerned about humidity with it than my solid wood ukes for sure but obviously wouldn't be leaving it in a hot car either. Some of Duane's early posts about the ULO's go into a good amount of detail about their construction. If you put "ukulele like object" into the search box you'll find a ton of info.
It's really one of the most fun instruments I've ever played. Totally unique sound and style.

I sent you a PM. :)

The ULO is SOLD. Found a wonderful home for it :)

Yay, new uke!

I'm going to mess with hubby and ask if we can go to Lowe's to get more of the hooks we use for the ukes. Y'know, 'cause the ones on the wall have a pretty big gap in between them... :)

That thing sounds awesome. My husband should be glad I'm broke after the ULO!

Haha, I wish it sounded anywhere near that cool when I played it :)
But it is a super cool instrument that bridges the gap between ukes and guitars.

Note - Pulling the Ojai uke off this list. In taking them all out for photos I noticed what MIGHT be a crack in the top under the bridge and want to get that checked out before I sell it. Better sale posts coming shortly for those that are still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom