Treated like royalty at a retailer

Elessar

Reaction score
I had to go to town yesterday so I jumped at the chance to stop at the music store. I have never been inside a Guitar Center retail store and was impressed with the selection as well as the layout. Specifically, they had a place for each category of instrument like percussion, guitar, keyboards as well as a separate room to step away from everyone to test out acoustic instruments so you hear yourself. I found a dozen ukuleles there but they were not presented in an appealing way and most were not in tune. The young lady that assisted me was pleasant and reasonably helpful but lacked real interest in what I was looking for...

I drove less than a mile to Willcut Guitars and dispite the fact that it was 4:45 pm on Saturday evening I was met by two young men, obviously musicians, who were interested in what I was looking for and spent time to make sure all of my questions were answered as well as referring me to three other retailers for the item I wanted, all music stores, because they didn't have the specific strap I was looking for but weren't afraid to send me to a competitor.

I didn't stay long because I know how I feel when it's time to get off work and people just want to shoot the breeze and not spend any money. I never felt rushed and these young men were very interested in sharing their love for music through service with a smile.

Oh, yah, they had over two dozen ukes including most of the colors of a waterman and lots of other nice stuff. The green waterman I tried reminded me why I'll have a hard time playing a soprano with my large hands, but it was in tune. I'll be back, after my experience at WillCutt, I know where I feel good shopping for my supplies. Thanks guys!:cool:

Congrats on the experience with Willcut. Some good people out there.

Thanks for detailing your experience.

In today's retail age, any store selling anything with people who genuinely want to see you get what you want is worth sharing as it occurs so infrequently.

That's why I wanted to post this experience. So many times, we have a bad experience and vote with our feet when we refuse to return to a business when they fail. I wanted anyone in the Lexington area to know about this positive experience. They are tops in my book.

Thanks for detailing your experience.

In today's retail age, any store selling anything with people who genuinely want to see you get what you want is worth sharing as it occurs so infrequently.

The green waterman I tried reminded me why I'll have a hard time playing a soprano with my large hands, but it was in tune.

It's small for a soprano. There are quite a few sopranos with slightly bigger bodies and especially wider nuts (greater string spacing). :)

Mivo, my real reason for trying the Waterman was because of the durability factor I find attractive for camping/camp fire sing along purposes. I have been relatively successful playing my wife's soprano but I really want a Outdoor Ukulele. Just trying to sell myself a Waterman for the price difference. That didn't work.
It's small for a soprano. There are quite a few sopranos with slightly bigger bodies and especially wider nuts (greater string spacing). :)

Mivo, my real reason for trying the Waterman was because of the durability factor I find attractive for camping/camp fire sing along purposes. I have been relatively successful playing my wife's soprano but I really want a Outdoor Ukulele. Just trying to sell myself a Waterman for the price difference. That didn't work.

I haven't played with the Waterman, but I love my Outdoor Ukulele (Tenor).

Top Bottom