Something different

Croakie

Reaction score
This is a J Bovier EMC 4 an excellent electric mandolin. G, D, A, E. Plugged into a tube amp, it roars with pedals as a guitar would, and it can play smooth jazz tones if you please. The action can be easily adjusted and the tuning pegs are well made, allowing it to stay in tune while being played. included is a gig bag and set of extra strings. Brand new, these sell upwards of $575. Good condition and seldom and lightly played.
$450 shipping included.

Specs:
• Body shape similar to “Vintage”
• Tortoise pick-guard
• 3-way switch, Tone, & Volume controls
• Output jack mounted on pick-guard
• Maple, Radiused Fretboard
• .080″ Frets
• Dual “JB-53″ Custom Pickups = (+/-) 6K each
• Chrome Bridge & Saddles
• Chrome Control Knobs
• Chrome Strap Buttons
• Chrome Neck Plate
• Solid Basswood Body
• Solid Maple Neck
• Bolt-On Neck
• Slender headstock shape
• Maple Headstock Face
• Black “JBovier” script logo
• (1) Volume Control = 500K
• (1) Tone Control = 500K
• 4-to-a-side tuners

• Bone Nut = 28mm (4-string)
• Wilkinson “J-805″ Tuners
• 3-way Switch = Neck PU, Both PUs (hum cancelling), or Bridge PU
• 2 Finish Colors = “Vintage Cream” (shown) & “Classic Sunburst”
• Custom, Premium, thickly padded gig-bags with “JBovier” logo included

View attachment 96828

Last edited:
Very interesting. What's the scale length? And is the low G like a low G uke or an octave lower?

Handsome little thing

14 inch scale, 24 frets. Not sure where the G falls. It is the same as whatever a mandolin has, just 4 strings instead of the paired 8.

Interesting, that design is like like a Fender Precision Bass.

P-bass Olympic tortoise.jpg

Yeah, I wonder if that was intentional. ;). Interesting that you checked this out. After following your posts I was wondering if I could turn it into a bass.

Very interesting. What's the scale length? And is the low G like a low G uke or an octave lower?

Standard mandolin tuning in fifths is usually GDAE, as in G3-D4-A4-E5, which puts the low end of the G at the same as a C6 linear-tuned ukulele...

These electric mandos are pretty cool, emando.com has string sets for these, easier and with more variety (bronze vs. nickel vs. flatwound, and each in different tensions) than D'Addario, etc on stringsbymail.com and stringsandbeyond.com...

@Croakie - Good luck with the sale! :)

Last edited:
Price update

If anyone is at all interested let me know. We can work out a suitable price.
Need to sell ASAP

Top Bottom