New Mac app for learning songs

cpatch

Reaction score
There's a new app out for the Mac to help you learn how to play a song:

http://supermegaultragroovy.com/products/Capo

It allows you to slow down the song without changing pitch, change the key of the song, and mark and repeat sections. The interface is clean and straightforward and the only downside is the $39 price...for $11 more you can get Transcribe, which offers the same features (with the exception of changing the key) and adds the ability to slow down video and analyze the pitch of a selection. (It's also available in a Windows version.) Still, it's always worth downloading the free demo to try out (and the company promises that there are more features to come).

Thanks.

I'll check out the demo.

I'd like to see if it is better than the freeware "Audacity," which also gives you the ability to slow down a recording without changing the pitch. That's what I'm presently using to edit soundfiles.

Whats a Mac? :D;):cool:

Audacity is amazing, I'd recommend it for any sound file editing.
Bear in mind that Capo is not a sound editing program...it is designed strictly to provide tools for learning a song.

For sound editing on the Mac I use GarageBand for primary editing and mixing and Amadeus Pro for fine tuning audio segments. (I've produced over 300 podcasts using this combination.) WireTap Studio is also worth looking into if you want to capture and edit audio from other apps. Audacity is fine if you don't want to spend anything on an app but I found both Amadeus Pro and WireTap Studio to be worth the money.

Whats a Mac? :D;):cool:

I can solve all your computer problems with four words: GET A MAC

Hey! That's only three words!

See there, your life is easier already.

alternately:
The PC is for the guy who doesn't have the three minutes it takes to learn to use MAC.

There's a new app out for the Mac to help you learn how to play a song:

That one works pretty good.

I found Garage Band to be over my head. I could probably figure it out with one or two walk throughs. Some of these recording apps presuppose a background with more standard recording equipment.

Audacity is simple to use. But as you get better with recording, I suspect more features would be a plus.

Top Bottom