Pono UL4-40 SP - Steel String Baritone Uke / Tenor Guitar (Ebony/Cedar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARKbOC

Reaction score
Sigh... Have to let this amazing, relatively unique instrument go.

Moving to a smaller home means downsizing life and shedding a lot of possessions. This is one of them, unfortunately.

As such, for sale is this Pono Steel String Tenor Guitar / Baritone Uke. This is the UL4-40 SP, made of Ebony back/sides and Cedar top. The "SP" designates that its a slightly 'blinged' up version.

For those unfamiliar with the instrument, it is larger than a standard baritone but not quite as beefy as the Pono Nui. It has steel strings (tuned dgbe) which give it a nice full guitar-like sound but it still retains a bit of the "sweetness" of a uke's tone.

21.4" scale, radius fretboard, strung with medium gauge (which is the heaviest that is recommended).

Ordered directly from and set up by the great people at Pono.

It's a beautifully made instrument that is in "like new" condition. Comes in a nice hardshell case.

Here is a little 'backstory' in the genesis of this instrument:

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...s-of-the-Pono-Steel-String-Big-Baritone-(UL4)

Retail = $1699. Occasionally available on sale for $1359.

Asking $850* shipped CONUS. *price reduced

(Would consider lower price if you're interested in picking up in Orange County, CA. I assume its going to be pretty darn costly to send it)

PS: Not responsible for any injuries resulting from turning your neck trying to look at these sideways photos. I tried to turn them but to no avail. Sorry!

20170109_121812.jpg20170109_121750.jpg20170109_121735.jpg20170109_121722.jpg20170109_121712.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! Good luck with your sale

If only I could...best of luck with the sale.

An absolutely gorgeous instrument, Mark -- whoever moves on this will be one very lucky person! Best wishes with the sale! (And thanks so much, again, for your help re: the PMs and the emails!) :)

Bump and amended to note I am potentially open to a trade for a concert uke, preferably Hawaiian but open to ideas. Would definitely prefer to sell but downsizing would be a helpful start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom