FS: Take Your Pick between these two Mya Moe Master Grade Myrtle Tenors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezcalero

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Happy New Year to all, and thanks in advance for having a peak at these lovely instruments!

I have been a very busy bee buying/playing/trading and selling quite a few ukuleles in the last 5 months. Having learned a lot about what my personal likes and tastes are, I am making room in my collection for some custom builds.

I have two Mya Moe all Myrtle Tenors, both purchased here on UU. As much as I like both, I can't justify keeping both of them. So, take your pick. I am only selling one of them. I may post separate ads for them later, and I am certainly willing to send more photos and sound samples to any one with interest in purchasing one of these. The Mya Moe tracker will provide the details, but let me point out the primary differences. #1009 has a 1 1/2" nut, where as #1451 is 1 3/8". Obviously, you can see #1451 is blinged out to the max. Tonally, I find them very similar. They have a sweet but full and even tone, and sound great finger picked or strummed.

Myamoe1.jpg

Here are the links to Mya Moe so you can see the particulars:

https://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=1009

https://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=1451

Myamoe2.jpg

Pricing:

#1009 cost around $2K new, I am asking $1350.00 shipped anywhere in continental U.S.
#1451 cost around $2500 new, I am asking $1550.00 shipped anywhere in continental U.S.

Thanks for your consideration!

Last edited:
wow, those are beauties. I think I like the look of #1009 better. #1451 is trying too hard to pretend to be koa. :p

Good luck with the sale. :)

wow, those are beauties. I think I like the look of #1009 better. #1451 is trying too hard to pretend to be koa. :p

Good luck with the sale. :)

Thanks Jim! Now that you mention it, the parallel lines on #1451 do look a lot like some Koa instruments I have seen :)

Those are both gorgeous ukes!

Nice!

Both are good looking ... too bad it wasn't a Mya Moe Baritone ... good luck with the sale.

Very, very nice. I too thought #1451 was koa before reading the MM description. Best of luck with the sale..........should sell quickly.

Best of luck with the sale. Those are beautiful ukes! I don't imagine this one staying on here for long. And great playing too! What was that last song you were playing in the sound samples?

Thanks a lot Wildfire!

The last piece on the recordings is a chord progression I use to warm up with sometimes. When I started playing I had trouble switching to and from some of these chord shapes. So I just made up a progression that sounded good with the E7 and Bm positions. Over time I added a few embellishments.

Wow, both are beautiful. I just got my first/only Mya Moe and I'm blown away by the amazing craftsmanship, tone, playability. Someone will be very lucky to get such a good deal on one of these...

Really nice sound samples, Kevin! I can't believe somebody hasn't already snatched one of these already!

Thanks Mark and Eddie!

NashBill - The recordings were done acoustically using a Royer ribbon microphone. Both of these instruments do have pickups and sound great plugged in.

I have had a transaction with Mezcalero. Highly recommend. His stuff is first rate.
Very nice to deal with.

Open to reasonable offers! I will take more photos and post them on Flea Market Music - Marketplace later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom