Been away... NUD... And then some!

Inkdork

Reaction score
So for Christmas, my father in law bought me a Kala baritone uke, which has rapidly become my new favorite, despite all the chords having new names... Lol.

IMG_20161225_223115828.jpg

Terrible photo, taken after a long couple of days, but really, I'm delighted to have it! It's gone with me to the last two uke club meetings, though the first meeting everyone else wanted a turn on it so I didn't get to play it much.

I thought to myself, okay, you're set for a while. No new instruments for a bit. My mountain dulcimer only gets a little attention, and my parlor guitar... Well, it has too many strings and it's too bulky in the body. I just can't fall in love with it.

So what did I do? Thursday night I bought a 4 string bass from a pawn shop.

IMG_20170112_182455454.jpg

I fear the ukulele, that sweet little innocuous thing I bought a year and a half ago, has opened the gates of madness. I'm already taking violin lessons, and now I'm apparently going to learn to play bass too.

How did this happen? Lol

Double congratulations!

After about 2 years of playing ukulele, the leader of our seniors group asked if anyone would like to take up the bass to fill in our sound. Often through the almost fifty years of playing guitar, I was told I should play the bass, but I never wanted to be encumbered by a large electric bass, forget a stand bass. In response to our leader's request, I looked on the internet and discovered all the bass ukes available, so I bought one and took some lessons. That was about two years ago and now I'm up to 12 bass ukes and mini electric basses, all I've been playing is the bass. The a few weeks ago I also joined two harmonica players who needed a uke player, and now I'm up to 7 ukes. So don't worry, take on whatever you wish, it's great fun.

Double congratulations!

Thanks! To be honest I had been drooling over the bass for weeks in an ad on Craigslist. Took me about 30 seconds in person to decide I needed it... lol.

I'm now of course trying to structure my time better to get in practices with the baritone, violin, and bass.

Good for you to let the music take you wherever it wants to go.

Once UAS takes hold, the affliction seems to be permanent and the insanity never sleeps LOL :)

Congrats on your new instruments! :music:

After about 2 years of playing ukulele, the leader of our seniors group asked if anyone would like to take up the bass to fill in our sound. Often through the almost fifty years of playing guitar, I was told I should play the bass, but I never wanted to be encumbered by a large electric bass, forget a stand bass. In response to our leader's request, I looked on the internet and discovered all the bass ukes available, so I bought one and took some lessons. That was about two years ago and now I'm up to 12 bass ukes and mini electric basses, all I've been playing is the bass. The a few weeks ago I also joined two harmonica players who needed a uke player, and now I'm up to 7 ukes. So don't worry, take on whatever you wish, it's great fun.

haha I love it! I think eventually I'll likely let my soprano uke (it was a $20 thrift store buy) and my mountain dulcimer go. I like them, but I don't love them. And a u-bass may very well be in my future!

Good for you to let the music take you wherever it wants to go.

Once UAS takes hold, the affliction seems to be permanent and the insanity never sleeps LOL :)

Congrats on your new instruments! :music:

Thanks. I had no idea what I was getting into when I decided to buy that first uke!

Congrats. I love my baritones. I don't play them quite as much as the smaller ones but they get plyed every week for sure.

Top Bottom