Just Back From the Islands

Howie1947

Reaction score
Had a nice time, but the weather sucked big time. Made visits to KoAloha and Kanilea. Saw some good entertainment. Great food and awesome people,...........Cant wait to attend uke fest in July..........Howie

Hey, I'm due to visit Oahu and Kaua'i in a couple of weeks and I'm really looking forward to visiting the Kanile'a factory. Can you tell us a little about your visit there? (To tide me over until my turn!)

Had a nice time, but the weather sucked big time. Made visits to KoAloha and Kanilea. Saw some good entertainment. Great food and awesome people,...........Cant wait to attend uke fest in July..........Howie

You really wanna be here in "good" weather? I'd rather it be pouring rain.

I know the area.

I head out to Katmandu a few times a year.

I had my senior-semi there... (it's like a half prom at the beginning of the year.) And I see it everytime I got to the Trenton Thunder games... :p

-Jeff

Had a nice time, but the weather sucked big time.

Still sux, been raining since before you left. Good time to play ukulele indoors.
Couldn't squeeze Ko'olau and Kamaka into the schedule? Did you bring back any Kona Coffee, Macnuts, or Strawberry Pocky? :shaka:

Still sux, been raining since before you left. Good time to play ukulele indoors.
Couldn't squeeze Ko'olau and Kamaka into the schedule? Did you bring back any Kona Coffee, Macnuts, or Strawberry Pocky? :shaka:

Don't forget...you can order the ABC catalogue too.
I miss those stores. :)

You really wanna be here in "good" weather? I'd rather it be pouring rain.

yes rain but light rain enough to scare the crowds and not affect the water. light wind. 4-6' Hawaiian. dawn patrol before work....

it's funny, but here on the continent, when it's hot people always come up to me and tell me how i must love this weather since i'm from hawai`i. i love the rain.

MGM..............I was there on the 16th that was Thursday. I had some issues with my uke and Bill Griffin.....(a very fine gentleman) helped me with it. Also had a chat with Kristin too...........Very nice folks.............Don't think we met.........

Last edited:
I went there to have my uke checked out. Had to take the bus over from Waikiki. About 1 hr each way. Did not take the tour. People were very nice.....Howie

Had a nice time, but the weather sucked big time.[/QUOTE
If I had a chance to go to Hawaii (any island) right now but they told me that it would rain the whole time-I would still go.
A bad weather day in Hawaii better than a good weather day here in Chicago.
But I am glad to hear you had a nice time. :shaka:

I went there to have my uke checked out. Had to take the bus over from Waikiki. About 1 hr each way. Did not take the tour. People were very nice.....Howie

Howie...I'm doing the same thing. I'm getting a strap button installed on my tenor, and hoping to catch the tour while I'm there. I'm also doing the bus ride from Waikiki. Was it easy to get there? I saw the bus I'm supposed to take, but I didn't know how to get the factory from the bus stop. Is it walking distance?

Top Bottom