Luthier's festival

I've been musing about a luthier's festival. Do you guys think it would draw a crowd? Not just ukuleles. Any thoughts?
I'll be there, Mike, but I live in Bartholomew county, right next door. Hope to see you for the festivity next week in Nashville (Indiana, that is).

You know I would love to support this Mike - however, the ukulele world is already a niche within a niche. It would be nice if those, like yourselves, ran alongside their festivals, luthier specific events. I'd come and do a 3-day boat paddle build course in a heartbeat but wouldn't be able to get a VISA to do so and I don't work on a Sunday... It is something to consider tho.

As for attending a guitar luthier festival? What's the point? Last year I met someone who was exhibiting at the Sanat Babara Festival. As a talented amateur, it was the hi-lite of his year and he was clearly psyched up about it. I also met another who was visiting the show as a punternand who gets a huge amount from talking to professional luthiers. It's clear to me that these events are for those who are generous enough to devote their time to the hundreds of acolytes wanting free information, to wannabees who like to rub shoulders with their heroes and those who need to validate their gifted home builds by exhibiting alongside seasoned professional. And hey, there is nothing wrong with this. I personally do not think there is enough 'depth' in the ukulele pool for this to be a single main attraction.

Top Bottom