the dumb thing I did.....

niwenomian

Reaction score
Had a really great uke session over the weekend. One of those times when every idea is a good one, the fingers do what they're supposed to and the music sounds good. Doesn't happen often enough and always leaves me energized.

Maybe too energized.

As I lifted the uke up to put the strap up over my head to take it off, I put the headstock through the glass globe of the ceiling fan light. Loud noise, falling glass, and I'm directly underneath catching most of it in the hood of my sweatshirt. I just stood there dumbfounded.

The uke is fine. Only the slightly ding on that scalloped Koaloha headstock. And now I have a back up plan if I'm ever trapped in a vehicle with my uke and need to bust through the windshield.

I'm glad you are OK. But now you have memorable pieces of history added to your uke.
It is better than a mint uke never played in a shining display case.

This is why I don't like ceiling fans, especially those with lights. I'm glad you and the ukulele are both okay.

And now you'll have a new lifelong habit that people will wonder about.

"Say, why do you always look up at the ceiling before you ...?"

Bwahahahaha. :biglaugh:
Hey, I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing with you. :D
And now I have a back up plan if I'm ever trapped in a vehicle with my uke and need to bust through the windshield.
Um, yeah, about that....

Luckily my ceiling fans are ten feet up, no chance of me hitting them, I'm 5'-10" but I have hit my printer, my door jamb, the edge of desk, my brother (not intentionally), and most anything within 2 feet of me.

So now you have;
A good tale about a dinged headstock,
No injuries to you,
The knowledge that Hooded sweatshirts are a good way of keeping the floor clean!
Most importantly - the Uke plays the same
Its all good :)

Top Bottom