Martin 2K 1927-1929 with Original HSC - Excellent Condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
Remarkable condition 1927-1929 Martin 2K. This lovely instrument has zero cracks, no material defects and includes the original HSC. There is some play wear on the first fret, but that is to be expected for an instrument of this age. I took it to David Neely, a luthier who has worked on $100K+ guitars and he exclaimed, "Wow, just wow, this is amazing. Don't touch a thing on this wonderful uke!"

Martin Style 2K ukuleles are not easy to find. There are plenty of Style O, Style 1, and even a few Style 2 ukuleles for sale at any given time, but you'll see very few of the Style 2K's for sale. Only about 450 were built during the three year period when this instrument was made (1927-1929) and this one is in remarkable condition. No cracks or significant blemishes!

It is currently strung with Worth Browns and sounds fantastic. Why am I selling it? I rarely play soprano. While I love owning this and hearing the oohs and aahs when I do bring it out, I'm not a collector and it's more money than I'd like to have tied up in a little-played instrument.
SOLD

Last edited:
WOW! that's gorgeous...wish I had the extra $$'s! good luck...

Thanks, Gents.

I'll sweeten the deal by including one of these wonderful Oahu leather-covered fiberglass cases (value $140 + shipping) that fits like a glove and offers excellent protection for an extra $25 (to cover shipping).

That is a beautiful instrument. Good luck to the happy buyer.

You've got my drool going :drool:

Good luck with the sale!

I sent Elderly pics and a description of this lovely vintage uke and they estimated the retail value to be $1,800 - $2,000.

If I win the lottery this week I shall fly over and buy it myself :)

In case anyone has concerns about dealing with Eddie, have no fear. I recently purchased a concert Covered Bridge from him, which was exactly as described and is now much loved by my wife, but there was an issue the case. Eddie went far beyond anything that I expected to resolve the issue including offering a refund, buying and drop shipping a new case or shipping one of the concert cases he had available. The faulty case will be donated to a needy local player. Eddie wanted to be sure that we were truly happy with the transaction. He succeeded spectacularly.

Thanks for the kind words, Skip. So glad your wife is happy and hope to meet you when you get out here in the Falll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom