An old farts first instrument

groan

Reaction score
Hi! Newcomer here. I’m 49 and have never played an instrument. I know, What’s the matter with me!? I did toy around with the blues harp for a while.
I just picked up an Ibanez ukulele and I love it!
I borrowed a friend’s uke on Saturday and played it all weekend. Sunday I had to have my own so checking the local ads found this beauty for a reasonable price. Spent all day Monday with it (home sick) and am having a great time learning the chords and trying some simple songs

Edit: Hello from Ottawa Canada!

IMG_20170116_195306.jpg
IMG_20170116_195313.jpg
IMG_20170116_195320.jpg

Last edited:
Age 49 makes you a young fart, but welcome nonetheless!

If you don't call yourself an old fart, no one will know you've attained that status. Get into your new uke, eat your banana, get some exercise and stop being 49.

I hope you enjoy the UU and learn some good stuff from it. Welcome. :eek:ld:

If you don't call yourself an old fart, no one will know you've attained that status. Get into your new uke, eat your banana, get some exercise and stop being 49.

I hope you enjoy the UU and learn some good stuff from it. Welcome. :eek:ld:

I'll be honest, most days I don't feel 49. :) Thanks!

Welcome aboard. :)

I already feel welcome!

49?? You are just a Kid.

But welcome aboard, and don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Our answers may have nothing to do with what you are asking, but it will be a reasonable give-and-take.

Or laughter and name-calling, I often forget what happens... but then, I'm a lot older than you are. (g)

-Kurt​

And I just started playing uke a little over 5 years ago, when my late father-in-law gave me an old ukulele...)

That is a nice first uke.

Welcome,
I think you might not even be "groan" yet!

Welcome to the Forum. A million years ago, when I was 49 I too felt ancient.......and old fart. Trust me, 49 ain't nothing. Glad you're with us.

Top Bottom