Abmin

ukulately

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for Abmin fingering. I am cheating sometimes with Gmin up a semitone and playing only 3 strings (or 4 strings Abminmaj). Gmin movable is a very slow change for me at the moment. Also playing Dmin movable but it gets a little cramped up there. I know, I know practice etc etc but in the mean time, thought I’d check in here. I could also figure it out myself but am up for a chat.

Kind of a tough one. The two options lower are the neck are 1342 4342 . You might find the m7 version easier - 1322 or 4646.

Oh, but on reentrant especially it isn't cheating to do x342 or 434x as the other string is just a repeat

Kind of a tough one. The two options lower are the neck are 1342 4342 . You might find the m7 version easier - 1322 or 4646.

Yeh none of those are nice!
1342 is what I call gmin movable and I am a way off being able to manage that shape.
4342 - still hard for me to finger but might replace my 8876 which doesn't really fit for me on sop

m7 just won't do :) although I need those too.

Sorry for my nomenclature - probably not right. I don't come from a stringed background at all.

You already have the solution. Slide up the Gm and only play the triad. If you really want to try for the first fret on the 4th string then bring your thumb over to fret it.

Anthony

Sorry can't resist.
Dropping a piano down a mine shaft, will give you a flat miner.

You already have the solution. Slide up the Gm and only play the triad. If you really want to try for the first fret on the 4th string then bring your thumb over to fret it.

Anthony

I hadn't really considered the thumb over method. I haven't seen anybody do that - is that a thing ... in general?

I hadn't really considered the thumb over method. I haven't seen anybody do that - is that a thing ... in general?

Its a quite common technique for guitar players. It should be even easier to do on a ukulele.

I can't comment personally because I have a completely different technique as I fret over the top of the neck. I find the Abmin relatively easy to fret.

Anthony

Top Bottom