New Uke day...

Fuzzbass

Reaction score
My Rob Collins Tin Guitar Soprano Uke arrived this afternoon. It's amazing. It's sapele wood salvaged from his local pub in Hebden Bridge after a flood last year. It's nicely understated, built like a dream and plays the same. Very happy bunny. I've been playing non-stop since around 2pm, it's now gone 9pm and I've had to stop as my fingers hurt :)

Sounds amazing. I love the use of salvaged wood. Emotionally it endears me towards the instrument more. Please post pics

Pics or it didn't happen! :p

Congrats! I have heard a lot of great things about Rob's work!

Wow! That is some kind of beautiful! Congratulations, and may it bring you many years of fun and relaxation!

Great story of some beautiful wood! I love that it was salvaged, and now it begins its second life as a musical instrument. May it bring you many MORE hours of joy (after your fingers heal :))

Wow, what could be nicer? Beautiful salvaged wood and the faint aroma of beer! Congrats Fuzz.............I for one, am definitely jealous

I'm out today and missing her already. I can't wait for a weekend of picking and strumming :)

Thank you for the kind words.

I am grateful that I was able to salvage something good from all the damage that the floods caused. As well as this soprano ukulele I have been able to make a pineapple soprano and ten lap steel guitar kits from the bar top.

The lap steel kits were for a build-your-own workshop I hosted at the 2016 Grand Northern ukulele Festival. One of the people who built their lap steel guitar with me was Les Hilton from Chonkinfeckle, who went on to record this lovely video of the classic, "sleep walk," illustrated with news footage from the flooding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF_VlKUUfo8

Sadly Les is now quite seriously ill, so I thought it would be nice to share a thought for him and also for the people of Hebden Bridge who lost so much on Boxing Day 2015.

Best wishes,
Rob.

It may be understated, but it is so classic and beautiful. Wonderful history behind it as well! I bet it is a joy!

Top Bottom