Make that a double! The serendipitous path to a second Moore Bettah Ukulele...

Tonya

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Not many people are lucky enough to have one Moore Bettah Ukulele. But (and don’t hold it against me) now I have two! And, best of all, my second is an ukulele as delightful and seemingly “made just for me” as Number One. And the acquisition was just as serendipitous. You can read (pix, too!) how the stars aligned for me here: http://ukuleletonya.com/blog/

Okay, tears in my eyes! That's one of the most beautiful stories I've ever heard!

And one of the most beautiful ukuleles I've ever seen. Congratulations on your Red Hibiscus. Thank you for sharing!

Nice story, thanks for sharing :) Hopefully your dream comes true of your husband accompanying while you dance beneath the mango tree . . .

Congrats!Beautiful uke and story. I hope someday I can own a Moore Bettah ukulele.

I think that's a brilliant story and what a lovely uke!

I've seen a lot of them over the years I knew were impossible for me to ever have from a financial aspect, plus the closed wait list. Now suddenly that I could afford one, I decided I'd rather have a vintage red truck! So I do. I'd say your new MB is a MUCH better investment! ;)

Edit: Do you have any more photos you can post on the blog? It's such a gorgeous uke, I'd like to see more of it!

Last edited:
I like your story. We stopped at Café 100 a few weeks ago and had Super Loco ( A dish that contains two eggs, a hamburger patty, rice, gravy, spam and sausage).This was not our favorite island meal.
Next time you are there. go on a Wednesday and have prime rib at Uncle Robert's.
My Moore Bettah should arrive today. Yours is beautiful.

Very cool, I think you made the right choice!

This was not our favorite island meal.
Aww, I'm sorry. I adore loco moco but maybe the Spam and sausage made it not so delightful...

Next time you are there. go on a Wednesday and have prime rib at Uncle Robert's.
Been there a few times and it's certainly a neighborhood event I wouldn't want to miss. Did Chuck dance hula at the Wednesday event? Nope; not for us either. ;)

My Moore Bettah should arrive today. Yours is beautiful.
Have fun with it, John. And the memories of the acquisition will make it even nicer!

Fantastic story and a great match for you with the Hibiscus inlay! I'm sure you'll enjoy this one for many, many years to come.

Top Bottom