SNNUD (still no new uke day)

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Thought I got one of my famous "steals" on ebay on this Mele solid mahogany tenor. Bought it on 12/28, shipped via FedEx (supposedly) with a delivery date of early to mid week, last week. No tracking number, no uke, and no response from the seller after multiple tries. He had a perfect rating up to this point. Not sure what to make, but I would like to get the uke although it's becoming increasingly unlikely. Anyone have something similar happen?

View attachment 97154

Last edited:
As far as payment safety if you paid with cc or PayPal you should be fine. As far as concern over getting the actual deal uke, give it another few days. You're saying last week meaning last mon-Thursday? You should still be fine. If you meant 9th-12th , still you have a possibility of it coming very late due to a courier circulation mix up so check back in a few days later.

The tracking number should be an automatic; even supplied by eBay if the seller sold it that way. And no response--particularly one that would just have to supply that tracking number is bad news.

I would file a claim on eBay and PayPal. If it does arrive, you could always PayPal the money back.

Thought I got one of my famous "steals" on ebay on this Mele solid mahogany tenor. Bought it on 12/28, shipped via FedEx (supposedly) with a delivery date of early to mid week, last week. No tracking number, no uke, and no response from the seller after multiple tries. He had a perfect rating up to this point. Not sure what to make, but I would like to get the uke although it's becoming increasingly unlikely. Anyone have something similar happen?

Sorry this happened Phil. Does the seller have a business name? if so maybe you can look them up on Google or on YELP and see if they have a web site, and/or contact info and then call them and see what's going on.

Maybe they had a death in the family or some other emergency? Who knows?

Like almost 4 weeks and no info? Seems a bit fishy to me. If it were me in your place, and no way to contact them outside ebay, I'd file a dispute with both ebay and paypal for 'payment sent' 'goods not received' 'no contact from seller' or whatever the options say now...

if you paid with a credit card via paypal you might also be able to call the bank and have them do a chargeback, and in spite of whatever ebay/paypal does, the credit card should get your money back in a few days. I never dealt with this matter myself, but have read lots of horror stories, and the one time I got screwed on ebay, the seller did ship and I did receive the item but it was not as described, and in fact replied to my ebay PMs but basically said, "so what? you gonna chase me with a dispute, good luck with that, ha ha ha"

The item was an older laptop, that I paid $50 for (from paypal balance so no option for chargeback there), and at the time I was actually getting paid $50/hr for consulting work, so I had to figure, how long is this going to take? 2 hrs? 8 hrs? 12 days? of my time? I figured I'd just eat the loss, and I went to the local COMPUSA at the time and bough a crappy refurb laptop for $250 since I had no time to wait for shipping and was leaving on a trip for 2 weeks, in 3 days hence...

Some folks unfortunately are criminally negligent if not greedy and evil, and the ebay feedback ratings are supposed to prevent this, but RATINGS can be BOUGHT on ebay and increased fraudulently.

If I am going to buy something on ebay, I send the seller a few messages, asking different questions about the item to try and see what kind of person they are, and ALL of this BEFORE placing a bid. If they dont respond, dont answer the very specific questions, or are annoyed by my asking, I pass and keep looking. Not worth it to reward liars and cheats, when you can get the shaft in the end.

Last edited:
Not sure if this helps, but I was tracking a package from Fedex and this notification was posted advising on delays. Hope you get it soon!

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 2.00.55 PM.jpg

Thanks all, still have my fingers crossed. It was a paypal purchase, so I'm not worried about getting my money back. Sure would like that uke to show up soon though.

Story over. Just got my full refund a little while ago, no explanation, no replies to contact. My best guess (no evidence) is "seller's remorse." He even changed his listing to a ridiculously low Buy it Now price so I could buy it instantly. Wondering all sorts of things....drinking? dementia? Family member intervention? Guess I'll never know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom