Vegemite in the USA

josuegroundhog

Reaction score
I was so deeply engrossed in learning of this stuff that I lost the thread we were discussing it in.

Available online in the USA (I think):
http://evryaustralian.stores.yahoo.net/vegemite.html

I'll be placing an order shortly.

I'll be en route to Deachland as soon as the Fed-ex truck arrives.:p

Can anyone provide instructions on how to use this stuff properly?

For those who dont know
Vegemite is a savoury spread used in Australia. Mostly for breakfast.
I've seen some youtubers spread this like if it was nutella or some other chocolate spread.
LET ME WARN YOU. DO NOT DO THIS.
simply, on a toasted bread, spread butter on it, then spread a bit of vegemite on.
Evenly. Its an aquired taste. i used to hate it, but eventually got the hang of the way it tastes.

Hope you enjoy it mate

Very lightly spread on buttered toast if you've never had it before (no more than a pat of butter's worth). It's also good smeared lightly on a tart apple slice or a banana.

Everything Australian is a good source in the U.S. And ignore the expiration date...the stuff lasts for years.

Oh man the Australian Exchange student brought some of this over couple years ago...Man acquired taste is right, and be warned smells like dog food lol

i used to dump the vegemite on the bread or toast... but it was reallybad lol

Another good source for obtaining Vegemite are tall, muscular bread salesmen in Brussels. Or so I've been told.

I seem to recall seeing it in stores around here in Nashville. Not the jars, but the little packet thingies. So it might be worth checking your local specialty grocer.

JJ

It states, "No overseas orders taken over the web". I guess you have to call them directly.

I'm South African and live in the states now, so I feel your pain. My local A&P supermarket in north NJ carries Bovril in the international food aisle. Its kind of similar to vegemite if you have the craving.

Matzah + Marg + Bovril = :D

Its also delicious on toasted cheese scones ^_^

Last edited:
Hey, so, could someone from Australia bring it to the states in their suit case? My friend is coming from Australia in June and I'm dying for some!

Hey, so, could someone from Australia bring it to the states in their suit case? My friend is coming from Australia in June and I'm dying for some!
I have family that brings it over from New Zealand whenever they visit, so yes.

Yes, or they can mail it you. 14twelve mailed me a lifetime supply.

Hey Kateri,
You want some? PM me your adress.Enjoy!

lol thanks for the offer! But my friend is coming from Sydney in June, so I can wait till then. If he doesn't follow thru, you'll be getting a message from me. :D

HAHAHA deach u crack me up, ur smile haha!
hahah ur that rich, u can spend money on cheeseburgers jz for a shot!

if u put like a lot! of vegemite on your tounge... just rest it there... gives same feeling as when you hold a battery to your tongue..

although it wont kill you

Top Bottom