TNT free tab software (asking you help to improve)

HarpBender

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just joined the forum. I've been working on my harmonica skills for a while and purchased a Ukulele some time ago and want to start practising.

To practise harmonica I wrote software to turn harmonica tabs into sheet music and let the computer play the song so I could play by ear. To enter the tab I can use the standard harmonica tab format (hole numbers) but also regular notes (C5, D5 etc).

Recently I started working on adding the option to show harmonica single note tabs as well. The app calculates those automatically. As I have no experience with the Ukulele just yet and I want to ask your help. The app TNT - Tab 2 Notes 2 Tab, is a free (no ads or anything) Windows application. It is available for download at www.harpbender.com. On there you will find TNT 3.0 Beta. The zip file includes everything you need to get started: the app and a bunch of tabs to try out. Just unzip in a folder on your PC and start TNT.exe. No need to run an installer. The app makes no changes on your PC, uninstalling is as as simple as deleting the folder.

The first time you run the app, Windows will show a warning as I did not certify myself as developer. (as I give away the app I don't make a lot of money :)) Just click 'more info' and then 'run anyway'.

Open a tab file from the songs folder. Then go to settings to choose 3 staves instead of 4. This creates the room to show the Ukulele tabs. On the main screen you can now check to show the tabs.

My ask is if the app is helpful and if can improve anything? Just post a reply below. I very much appreciate your help.

Thanks!
Oscar

Hi, Oscar! Thank you for sharing such nice application. I actually play harmonica too and enjoy your application. I have a question about this application. We can play same notes on different strings on ukulele (figure below). How do we manage it?

adult image

Hi, Oscar! Thank you for sharing such nice application. I actually play harmonica too and enjoy your application. I have a question about this application. We can play same notes on different strings on ukulele (figure below). How do we manage it?

adult image

Glag you like it. If there is something I should do differently please let me know.

Under setting you can check the box to show alternatives which will show where else the notes are.

I was wondering how you select where to play a note?

I just posted a major update to my app TNT: Tab 2 Notes 2 Tab on www.harpbender.com. The app now allows you to select your preferred tuning in the settings: GCEA high or low G. And I also made a start to create Campanella tabs.

I'll post a note in the main forum to explain a bit more. Hope you like it and it will help practicing.

Thanks and enjoy.

Top Bottom