TPP and ukuleles

valde002

Reaction score
Not to get too much into politics, but will withdrawing from the TPP affect the uke industry?

Just learning about all this politics stuff and the thought crossed my mind. Do I need to buy now??

Id imagine not given that the TPP was never fully endorsed so Trumps killing off of it doesn't really have an impact on what is the current situation. But still, you need to buy now!

The borders may close for good any day now, so it is imperative that you purchase one uke from every country before that happens.

Id imagine not given that the TPP was never fully endorsed so Trumps killing off of it doesn't really have an impact on what is the current situation. But still, you need to buy now!

The borders may close for good any day now, so it is imperative that you purchase one uke from every country before that happens.

That's what I was thinking! Thanks for your advice. OMG you guys are enablers! :p

Agreed! Hurry!

This brings a horrifying thought! What about inter-state borders? Massachusetts may stop trading with Ohio! I need to order a Fluke before it's too late!

Living in a county directly linked to the TPP and having absolutely no idea what it does for the common man, I decided to buy a new uke..... just in case.... The buying has started, Have you? :rock::rock::rock::rock:

lava.jpg

When Trump won, realized I'd better order the custom 22" scale bass uke I was looking at on AliExpress, and then actually ordered an additional one. I had my eyes on one more but decided I'll save up to replace my two Nikon D300s cameras with D500.

Green SG done front 800.jpg

Ric 325 done front 800.jpg

In times of world uncertainty, a uke bunker is a must.

I can see it all now, high powered cigarette boats running the blockade to smuggle ukes into the West coast. Shady characters in dark aloha shirts selling black market ukulele from car trunks in every alley.

The buying frenzy has begun...:shaka:

Kind of like buying up guns and ammo before Obama outlaws them!

At the risk of providing a serious answer. Most Ukes I see are made in the US or China. Since China was never going to be a party to the TPP (it was just most of the other Pacific rim nations), I expect there will be little effect on Ukulele prices and availability.

That said. I am going to keep filling my Ukulele bunker. Just in case.

Buy cheap ones. That way you can get more of them before prices skyrocket.

At the same time, there is talk of taxing goods made overseas and imported to the US. I would imagine that would have an impact on prices. Who knows whether any of this will occur or not, but I know that some here are using it as an excuse to buy today! "gee honey, in a few months the cost of these will be astronomical"

Seriously, any excuse to buy the next ukulele works for me.

Top Bottom