Votes: 15 27.8%
  • In two or more pieces

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Unrecognizable as a musical instrument

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters

Kyle23

Reaction score
So here's the deal. I have a good friend in Chicago (I'm near Buffalo) and he started playing the ukulele last year because of me and he improved very fast and was getting good, but he decided it wasn't for him and after about 7 months of not playing he asked me if I would take it off his hands for free, no strings attached. I obviously said yes and he shipped it right out today. After he sent it out, he told me he sent it only in a gig bag, no box. I didn't even know the post office would send things like that. I didn't want to complain because he's giving it to me, but I told him it might not make it to me alive if he sent it like that. So what should I expect? Is this thing going to come broken in half or what :uhoh: I'm a little nervous for the little uke.

Just got word that he was confused on what kind of case it was he had (he was a newbie). It looks like a harder shell case, not a full hard case, but like the in between of a hard case and gig bag. It might live.

Update #2 - It arrived in a gig bag... My friend is a confused little guy. I haven't opened it yet, so if you want to change your vote, now is the time!

Update #3 and #4 - It arrived broken (see page 5). After 4 months, I attempted to glue it back together. It's clamped right now, so we will see what happens in the morning.

Last edited:
Expect to receive a uke in a few days, shipped in a gig bag. Anything beyond that exceeds my psychic abilities.

Kyle you should start a poll.

It will arrive damaged but in one piece

It will arrive in two or more pieces

It will be unrecognizable as a musical instrument

Sorry pal just having some fun.

Last edited:
I was a letter carrier at USPS expect a broken uke....no way you can blame the PO for this one..if you get it in tack congrats...the uke will go through many hands and trucks etc......when I delivered the mail if I got it not broken you would too...but can not do anything to help while being shopped.....

Kyle you should start a poll.

It will arrive damaged but in one piece

It will arrive in two or more pieces

It will be unrecognizable as a musical instrument

Sorry pal just having some fun.

No worries, that's actually a good idea but I can't seem to figure out how to add a poll.

To be completely honest, I'm far more curious than upset about it.

I was a letter carrier at USPS expect a broken uke....no way you can blame the PO for this one..if you get it in tack congrats...the uke will go through many hands and trucks etc......when I delivered the mail if I got it not broken you would too...but can not do anything to help while being shopped.....

Sounds about right lol. I'm going to intercept the truck and save it!

Poll is up. Place your bets place your bets

Last edited:
I didn't even know the post office would send things like that.

The same thing in my head. :uhoh:

But yea the responsibility is on the sender his own.. for sending an instrument in such way.

I voted "in two or more pieces"

Last edited:
What uke was it? I'm hoping it's nearer the Mahalo end of the scale rather that the Kamaka end.

It'll be fun figuring out how to put it back together! :rolleyes:

I wonder if he insured it?

My vote is, "Undamaged, but well played with a dozen or so notes added to the case by Uke-playing postal workers."

Scooter

If the uke was well padded in the shipping box (peanuts, plastic bags, etc) I don't see why it couldn't make it. I have now received over 38 (soon to be 50) ukuleles from China (Caramel) that are in a styrofoam lined box, in a bag, with only an "air baggie" under the neck. Not a single unit has arrived damaged--all the way from China.

It isn't as if the mailer stuck postage on a soft Gig Bag and sent the instrument through the mail!

If the uke was well padded in the shipping box (peanuts, plastic bags, etc) I don't see why it couldn't make it. I have now received over 38 (soon to be 50) ukuleles from China (Caramel) that are in a styrofoam lined box, in a bag, with only an "air baggie" under the neck. Not a single unit has arrived damaged--all the way from China.

It isn't as if the mailer stuck postage on a soft Gig Bag and sent the instrument through the mail!

He literally told me he went in, with just the gig bag, didn't put it in a box and the guy at the desk told him he wouldn't need a box and it would be fine haha. I have no idea how you send something like that without a box though, maybe some shipping wrap type deal? No idea at all. I guess I'll see in a few days.

Top Bottom