NUD: Kiwaya KTS-7

kdmccullum

Reaction score
Nothing like buying your dream uke. It's not brand new but it is new to me and I love it. It truly is every bit the uke that I have read about here on the message boards. Amazing tone and playability. I will have to get used to the low action but that wont take long. I didn't expect the ever so slightly wider nut width to feel much different than my Ohana's but it does. Dm and D are less crowded. Not much but it is a perceptible difference.

Kurt

Wonderful addition. Congrats!

Superb instrument you have there. Congrats.

love mine - good health for joy in it.

Nothing like buying your dream uke. It's not brand new but it is new to me and I love it. It truly is every bit the uke that I have read about here on the message boards. Amazing tone and playability. I will have to get used to the low action but that wont take long. I didn't expect the ever so slightly wider nut width to feel much different than my Ohana's but it does. Dm and D are less crowded. Not much but it is a perceptible difference.

Kurt

Photos? You are a lucky person!

Lovely - looks like Gotoh planetary tuners?
What's the case? Is it a good fit? Mine is in a hard case too, but it's a poor fit the Uke has room to swim!

Yes those are Gotoh planetary tuners. The case is an Oahu case sold at HMS. I have found that there are at least two sizes of soprano cases. Standard size like this one for ukes which have a lower bout of around 6 1/2 to 6 3/4 inches and a wider case for sopranos over 7 inches wide.
The Oahu cases I have (bought 2) fit the kiwaya like a glove. They also work for my two ohanas. But not my daughters Kala ka-slng. Its too wide to fit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom