I've arrived at my 80th

Vespa Bob

Reaction score
Not ukulele, my birthday! It just crept up on me, along with various side effects, but so long as I have my arthritis medication and my Optivisor bi-focals, everything is good, except I'm developing a case of the shakes, especially when trying to accomplish something that takes precision, like applying a small drop of CA onto a pin hole. I'm rock steady until I'm almost there, then my hand shakes so badly that I have to steady it with my other hand! Don't even mention trying to solder two wires together, it's laughable! Fortunately, this doesn't happen all the time, so I guess I'm lucky. I try to remember the three golden rules for seniors: Don't pass by a restroom, never trust a fart and don't waste an erection!

Bob

Happiest of birthdays, Bob! I would not be at all surprised if your great attitude has get you in fine fettle until now, and will in the future!

Happy birthday to ya, Bob. I'm only approaching my 70th (31 Aug), but you're right about it creeping up on us. Tomorrow seems to be here before it gets here. LOL

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Bob, wishing you decades of good health. I have always enjoyed your posts and admired your work, very talented. When did you start building ukuleles and did you build any other type of instruments before that.

Happy birthday Bob!

So, do you now own or have you ever owned a Vespa?

Happy Birthday Bob ...I'm just a couple of years behind you, and I still fancy young good looking women..but ! they don't seam to think much of me..what has Bernie Ecclestone got that I haven't :(. ?

Bernie who?
Thanks so much to all of you for your good wishes, it's great to belong to such a friendly group. Turtledrum, thanks for popping in, I hope the little soprano is still holding up!
Doug W, Yes I've owned several Vespas over the years, But for my birthday, my wife bought me a Yamaha SMax, which I'm looking forward to riding in the mountains once this rainy weather comes to an end.
DownUpdave, I've always been an artsy craftsy kind of guy, but developed my woodworking skills building radio control model aircraft for many years. I started building ukuleles about five years ago when I made a cigar box uke just for fun. Thanks again for making my day folks!

Bob

Happy Birthday Bob ...I'm just a couple of years behind you, and I still fancy young good looking women..but ! they don't seam to think much of me..what has Bernie Ecclestone got that I haven't :(. ?

I think this one is for you, Tim, Bob and all the rest of us . . .

Don't pass by a restroom, never trust a fart and don't waste an erection! Bob

I've violated all those strictures and I've paid the price. Growing old sucks!!! Basically we are reaching our expiration date. Time to leave planet Earth! Next! Remember, Antonio Strativari built violins into his early 90's and basically they sucked towards the end. The one thing all us old farts can take pleasure in is that all these young people are going to eventually go through the same hideous trial. In that I take a certain pleasure. Time and tide wait for no man. Onward! To oblivion!

Congrats Bob and Happy Birthday!
idCNebq.png

Live long and prosper!

Have a great birthday! I'm 10 years behind you! The good thing about being older (we are not old) is having the independence to do what we want to do, and , more importantly, not doing what we don't want to do.
Make em keep paying your pension for years longer than you paid into it!.

Happy birthday Bob. Love the fact you are still riding! 13 years to catch you up, so here's hoping I can still build instruments when I get there.

Top Bottom