If you forgot what a Moore Bettah uke looks like here is a new one!

hawaii 50

Reaction score
For some reason, that link won't work for me at the moment.

Link doesn't work. My night is now ruined. hehe Boohoo! ;-)

Petey

Yes, Andrew will be auctioning it. It is my favorite MBU I've ever seen. I always get a kick out of watching the auctions. Will be interesting to see how it does. I think it will go for really big bucks.

I usually don't post my work here because most people know where to see it but this thread has already started and Len has run into problem posting photos. The uke is built from black & white ebony with an Adirondack spruce top. the inlays are scrimshawed faux ivory.

Attachments

• DSC_0045 copy.jpg
    DSC_0045 copy.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC_0037 copy.jpg
    DSC_0037 copy.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC_0039 copy.jpg
    DSC_0039 copy.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_0047 copy.jpg
    DSC_0047 copy.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_0052 copy.jpg
    DSC_0052 copy.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 112
Here's a couple more.

Attachments

• DSC_0041a copy.jpg
    DSC_0041a copy.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_0066 copy.jpg
    DSC_0066 copy.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_0040 copy.jpg
    DSC_0040 copy.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_0050 copy.jpg
    DSC_0050 copy.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 60
Exceptional! Wow.....can't wait to hear it when it goes to auction.

Makes me want to record my original jazz song "Night Rose" on such an instrument!!! Just been so lazy, but a uke like that has a real kick!

"You are the night rose in my garden of dreams... that only blossoms when the moonlight gleams..."

NightRose.jpg

Petey

Last edited:
Been trying for years to get a Moore Bettah and now I can't even see a picture of one?! Ugh ;)

Hahaha. That's sad and funny.

Edit to add: I first replied from the first page and hadn't seen the pictures. Chuck that headstock is a masterful and stunning rendition of th human form. Thank you again for making such great art for us all to see and hear. Seriously, thank you.

Trevor

Last edited:
Absolutely incredible!!! The scrimshaw work is breathtakingly beautiful. I am in love with the headstock....from strictly an artistic point of view;).

Last edited:
Top Bottom