Index of Daily Ukulele Songs by Key and Chords Used?

UkeStuff

Reaction score
I'm thinking in the educational sense, but is there a master index anywhere of the Daily Ukulele (yellow or blue) that lists the songs by key and/or by number of chords/chords used?

I ask because when you are working with beginners (e.g. my students), it is beneficial to have songs that a) they know and b) they can play with the chords they know.

It would be fantastic to have an index of all 365 songs by key, number of chords, and which chords are used.

If no such monster exists, I'm going to begin the work. That's going to take a while. Maybe we could crowd source the work with a Google Doc? Any interest in this?

A search here did not turn up anything...I did look before posting, I promise!

Thanks!

I just use e-chords.com. It has song labeled for difficulty. I believe you can chang the key as a paid member. Also most songs have the Uke chords available.

I should mention that I am a choir teacher, and ukulele is a part of what I teach along with music literacy. One of the reasons I like the Daily 365 is that it shows the written melody. I understand that a lot of people don't actually read the actual music and just play the chords--but in my case, the printed score is terribly important.

So while all the lyrics & chord pages are great; I have a greater need for the actual notes.

Now--some of the Daily 365 are in horrendous keys for singers--but I am very adept at republishing a work, as needed, in a different key. You can see some of that work on my ukulele website.

FANTASTIC!!! That's it. The only thing that would be "better" would be a column with the actual chords...but this will provide what I need. Now to get this for the blue book!

OMG!!!! YES!!!

Tonya - this is amazing!

I am a huge fan of 'The Daily Ukulele' books, and they are my go-to for learning new songs...

I have met and spoken with both Jim and Liz Beloff (the authors) a few times, and they are the nicest folks you could ever meet.

Have you shared this PDF with them? Maybe they would like to include it at the front of the books, near the 'TABLE OF CONTENTS' area?

I think that this kind of information that you have created in your document would be highly valuable and sought after. In fact, I am surprised that it has not been asked for previously (maybe I missed it?)

Kudos to Choirguy for raising this issue, and kudos to Tonya for sharing this document. The results of which are likely to benefit many folks, far and wide.

Good stuff here! :) :bowdown: :worship: :rock:

Thanks, @Tonya ! So helpful, and also a great way to identify easy songs for my son to play on his Loog 3-string guitar.

@Tonya Haha, yeah, that's me. 😊

Sorry (not sorry) about the Chipmunks invading your ears. 😂 I needed something to counteract Looch's big Funiculi Funicula

Would you mind pasting the link where Jim made the mention? I'd like to reply and thank him for the shout out.

Last edited:
Here's a simple DIY Key Transposing Wheel from Cathy's Chords:
(Scroll down to the printable black and white PDF.)

Top Bottom