PDA

View Full Version : Buying a uke tomorrow, need a little advice

keithy351
04-24-2009, 02:31 AM
g'day guys, well i've finally had a chance to save up a $1000 AUS so about US$700, and tomorrow im going out to buy myself my first decent uke, i learnt on a greg bennett series concert which i hated but still played it for 6 months till i knew i was hooked, it cost me US$60, it was a heap of S@*T.... im buying a tenor size ukulele, what do you guys reckon i get, i was looking at a cole clark jack tenor, but would perfer something in koa, can you guys name a few beautiful tradition sounding ukulele, i dont want spruce top, my $60 was spruce top and i hated it with a pashion. any help guys would be so sweet, as im shopping tomorrow morning (btw im buying in australia)

deach
04-24-2009, 02:45 AM
are you going to a store or ordering online?

grappler
04-24-2009, 02:47 AM
Hey im in melbourne australia!
Yeah cole clarks are pretty awesome buys there.
I'd presonally shop on ebay if i was to buy another ukulele. But having said that your buying from australia, it really narrows down the choice hey. I think you should go on ebay and look there. Theres so many more choices.
Which state are you from?

keithy351
04-24-2009, 03:19 AM
Hey im in melbourne australia!
Yeah cole clarks are pretty awesome buys there.
I'd presonally shop on ebay if i was to buy another ukulele. But having said that your buying from australia, it really narrows down the choice hey. I think you should go on ebay and look there. Theres so many more choices.
Which state are you from?

im in perth, yeh deach im buying in a store, i have been told there are 3 stores that good quality ukes, even kamakas which i know i cant afford but can drool, im gonna go check out what i can find, get a list and bring back the list to see if any match up

UkuLeLesReggAe
04-24-2009, 03:38 AM
hopefully ur still on, ur going in a store? in perth?? AN UKULELE STORE IN AUSTRALIA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

keithy351
04-24-2009, 07:49 AM
hopefully ur still on, ur going in a store? in perth?? AN UKULELE STORE IN AUSTRALIA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

theres a store in perth called zenith music store, i bought a banjo from there when i first moved here a year ago, also bought the uke with it, banjo collected dust, uke got played, i called them recently, they have fleas and flukes, cole clarks, kamakas, pono's, and kaholoas but i remember him saying that a kamaka tenor is $1900 AUS so i guess around $1400 US, also got told there a little over priced, but once u factor in the cost of shipping a uke from Musicguymic which now cost US$90 it works out around the same price, plus theres 2 others which ive been told have some decent ukuleles but yeh, someone could be spinning s@*t its either gonna be a waste of 3 hours driving around or be a worth while trip

MGM
04-24-2009, 08:04 AM
since when did shipping to austrailia cost 90.00 I have never shipped a single uke with that much shipping

keithy351
04-24-2009, 08:49 PM
since when did shipping to austrailia cost 90.00 I have never shipped a single uke with that much shipping

sorry cheif, got my US's and AUS mixed up

UkuLeLesReggAe
04-24-2009, 09:36 PM

lol 90!! 54 would be right

UkuLeLesReggAe
04-24-2009, 09:37 PM
theres a store in perth called zenith music store, i bought a banjo from there when i first moved here a year ago, also bought the uke with it, banjo collected dust, uke got played, i called them recently, they have fleas and flukes, cole clarks, kamakas, pono's, and kaholoas but i remember him saying that a kamaka tenor is $1900 AUS so i guess around $1400 US, also got told there a little over priced, but once u factor in the cost of shipping a uke from Musicguymic which now cost US$90 it works out around the same price, plus theres 2 others which ive been told have some decent ukuleles but yeh, someone could be spinning s@*t its either gonna be a waste of 3 hours driving around or be a worth while trip

they got a site? number?!?!?! GIMME!

UkeNinja
04-24-2009, 11:23 PM
Zenith Music (http://www.zenithmusic.com/)

grappler
04-25-2009, 12:11 AM
lol they only have flukes

UkuLeLesReggAe
04-25-2009, 01:48 AM
they show pictures of fleas haha, but flukes also... i shall email them :D thanks for the link

keithy351
04-25-2009, 03:28 AM
they show pictures of fleas haha, but flukes also... i shall email them :D thanks for the link

they only show the fleas and flukes, u need to go in there to see the real ones, or call them, anyway update i talked to Gaby in cairns, shes just finding out a price for me but ive decided to buy myself a koaloha tenor, that is if i can pay it off :D fingures crossed, i think im makeing the right decision, and i know i will be happy with it, they look georgous, so im just waiting for what the verdict is, and will let you's know,

UkuLeLesReggAe
04-25-2009, 03:32 AM
yes please, let us know!