Buying a uke tomorrow, need a little advice

keithy351

Reaction score
g'day guys, well i've finally had a chance to save up a $1000 AUS so about US$700, and tomorrow im going out to buy myself my first decent uke, i learnt on a greg bennett series concert which i hated but still played it for 6 months till i knew i was hooked, it cost me US$60, it was a heap of S@*T.... im buying a tenor size ukulele, what do you guys reckon i get, i was looking at a cole clark jack tenor, but would perfer something in koa, can you guys name a few beautiful tradition sounding ukulele, i dont want spruce top, my $60 was spruce top and i hated it with a pashion. any help guys would be so sweet, as im shopping tomorrow morning (btw im buying in australia)

Hey im in melbourne australia!
Yeah cole clarks are pretty awesome buys there.
I'd presonally shop on ebay if i was to buy another ukulele. But having said that your buying from australia, it really narrows down the choice hey. I think you should go on ebay and look there. Theres so many more choices.
Which state are you from?

Hey im in melbourne australia!
Yeah cole clarks are pretty awesome buys there.
I'd presonally shop on ebay if i was to buy another ukulele. But having said that your buying from australia, it really narrows down the choice hey. I think you should go on ebay and look there. Theres so many more choices.
Which state are you from?

im in perth, yeh deach im buying in a store, i have been told there are 3 stores that good quality ukes, even kamakas which i know i cant afford but can drool, im gonna go check out what i can find, get a list and bring back the list to see if any match up

hopefully ur still on, ur going in a store? in perth?? AN UKULELE STORE IN AUSTRALIA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

hopefully ur still on, ur going in a store? in perth?? AN UKULELE STORE IN AUSTRALIA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

theres a store in perth called zenith music store, i bought a banjo from there when i first moved here a year ago, also bought the uke with it, banjo collected dust, uke got played, i called them recently, they have fleas and flukes, cole clarks, kamakas, pono's, and kaholoas but i remember him saying that a kamaka tenor is $1900 AUS so i guess around $1400 US, also got told there a little over priced, but once u factor in the cost of shipping a uke from Musicguymic which now cost US$90 it works out around the same price, plus theres 2 others which ive been told have some decent ukuleles but yeh, someone could be spinning s@*t its either gonna be a waste of 3 hours driving around or be a worth while trip

since when did shipping to austrailia cost 90.00 I have never shipped a single uke with that much shipping

sorry cheif, got my US's and AUS mixed up

theres a store in perth called zenith music store, i bought a banjo from there when i first moved here a year ago, also bought the uke with it, banjo collected dust, uke got played, i called them recently, they have fleas and flukes, cole clarks, kamakas, pono's, and kaholoas but i remember him saying that a kamaka tenor is $1900 AUS so i guess around $1400 US, also got told there a little over priced, but once u factor in the cost of shipping a uke from Musicguymic which now cost US$90 it works out around the same price, plus theres 2 others which ive been told have some decent ukuleles but yeh, someone could be spinning s@*t its either gonna be a waste of 3 hours driving around or be a worth while trip

they got a site? number?!?!?! GIMME!

they show pictures of fleas haha, but flukes also... i shall email them :D thanks for the link

they only show the fleas and flukes, u need to go in there to see the real ones, or call them, anyway update i talked to Gaby in cairns, shes just finding out a price for me but ive decided to buy myself a koaloha tenor, that is if i can pay it off :D fingures crossed, i think im makeing the right decision, and i know i will be happy with it, they look georgous, so im just waiting for what the verdict is, and will let you's know,

Top Bottom