Ken Middleton Living Water Strings

Fuzzbass

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried Ken Middleton's Living Water Flurocarbon strings? I'm having my Kala Tenor and my Noah Concert set up with these on Monday. A set of them came on my Rob Collins Soprano and I really like them. I hope the tenor and concert sets are as good. Also going low G on them both. Experiment ahoy! :)

http://www.kenmiddleton.co.uk/Pages/LWS.aspx

I have the regular ones on my soprano and really like them. It came with Aquila Nylgut which were all right but had very little sustain for finger picking (maybe partly the fault of the uke). I then changed to Worth Clear which were brighter with a bit more sustain, and felt better under the fingers. Finally discovered LW and thought I would give them a try. I like them best of all - they sound very sweet and have the best sustain of the three sets.

They are on my hitlist of next strings to buy and I am certain that I won't be disappointed. For those over the pond, there is only one small charge for shipping no matter how many sets you buy.

OP is in the U.K. so it's a no-brainer to go straight to Ken. I've ordered mine direct even though I live in the US. LW is my favorite for baritone. I'm sure they will sound great on tenor or concert as well though Southcoast is my go-to there.

I use Living Water on my Kanile'a concert. A lot of my friends love Living Water on their tenors...

Been using them for the past 6 months on most of my ukes, mainly low G concert strings on both tenor & concert scales, plus I have a set on one of my baris.

They work for me, & I highly recommend them. :)

to the OP, yes LOTTA folks here on UU use and love these strings

discussed a near infinite number of times, to see the history, you can use the link that Kanaka gave in a post above

When I tried them, like most folks, each uke I put them on they sounded great and felt great

'Made in Heaven' seems about right :)

Pretty much standard for me. Being in the UK, it also means supporting a local supplier.

I have tried both Re-entrant and linear tenor sets and find them very well balanced string to string, and very smooth tonally.

I have used Living Water strings on several ukes and find them very good. I have recently moved my baritone over to a set of LW high unwound d strings. Brilliant!

Can't seem to get on his website. Says the account is suspended.

I too tried the site and it indeed looks suspended. I also was unable to link to a seller for these. Problems?

Living Waters are my "go to" strings. I have them on almost all of my tenors. If you like fluorocarbons, you should like these. I've tried most fluros out there and these and Worth Browns are the two I like the best.

The only tenor that didn't seem to work with either is my Martin T1 IZ mahogany. They sounded muffled on it. I went with Freemont Blacks which sound pretty good. I may try Martin 620s on it when the Freemonts wear out to get a little crisper, brighter sound out of it.

I have bought many LW string sets from Mike at Uke Republic. Including sets for my 8-string tenor. Usually fast turnaround if they are in stock.

Seeing the posts above, I emailed Ken yesterday and ordered two sets of strings for my baritones, one the standard DGBE and the other is one of his custom sets of low GCEA for baritone. I am looking forward to getting them and trying them out.

Yeah, same here. Ordered some sets of LW today via the email address posted by Jim Hanks and received an answer from Ken within a few minutes. Works absolutely fine.

Thanks, Jim, for forwarding this Facebook posting here, by the way!

Top Bottom