FS: Blackbird Clara Concert with MISI pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

darylcrisp

Reaction score
SOLD: Blackbird Clara Concert with MISI pickup

SOLD

--best way to contact me is thru PM-I'm not on the forum daily----------------------------------------------------------------------------

almost new condition, very nice and easy playing Clara. low G Daniel Ho PHD string set, nice fitting Gator bag(came with Uke). it is used, but almost new condition-you might find some smallish marks/swirls if you look hard but I don't really see any, no big scratches, dings, etc
Gotoh tuners.
The Misi pickup is a $200 upgrade.
https://www.blackbirdguitar.com/coll...oncert-ukulele

no trade offers please-I already have something on order-the only reason I'm selling this. I've owned some mainland K brands, breedlove, and luthier ukes, this is the best uke I've had in hand. love the ekoa feel and look.

$950 shipped and paypal to cont USA

thanks
d thumbnail_20170127_193953_resized.jpgthumbnail_20170127_194007_resized.jpgthumbnail_20170127_194021_resized.jpgthumbnail_20170127_194049_resized.jpgthumbnail_20170127_194101_resized.jpg

Last edited:
this can easily be set up with a high G if anyone prefers. I just thought of that, would be shipped with your choice. I would use a PHD Daniel Ho high G string if that's what you want.

d

so I put the high G on it this weekend, and cut a new bone saddle and took the action down(kept the untouched OEM saddle and put it in the case). The action was always nice, but I wanted to see just how low I could take it and still have no buzz and good tone. The end result where I stopped was 2/32" at the 12th fret for all the strings. It frets extremely easy and the notes are very clear.

I had not used the MISI pickup system, so I read up on it, plugged the charger in for 60 seconds(yep, 60 seconds) and supposed to have around an 8 hour charge-no batteries ever to replace or deal with. Dug out the Marshall acoustic amp, and goodness, this sounds really good. I was amazed how nice this sounds going thru an amp. Its my understanding the pickup in the Clara is an LR Baggs, and it has the two thumbwheels for vol/tone adjustment in the soundhole.

http://mi-si.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/mi-si_trio_uke_manual.pdf
These are amazing instruments. Blackbird has it figured out!

d

Congrats on the sale- I was about to get in line myself!

Congrats on the sale...............they are great instruments..........and at a good price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom