Start 'em young

Doug W

Reaction score
Gave this uke to someone for a birthday years ago, now her kid is taking it up.

Baby_Uker2.JPG

Nice to see someone trying to master clawhammer so early in their ukulele career.

Adorable. I provided both my daughters with ukuleles at the age of 3. One is still 3 and the other is now 7. Fingers crossed the bug rubs off. Hands off dads uke unless supervised tho. :)

Aww, how cute!

Such a sweet picture! Hope that early musical genius comes to fruition. ;)

Here is my niece under the snack table at Thanksgiving with my Outdoor tenor. She was fascinated by it!

Of course when I got out my phone to take her picture, she turned coy and wouldn't look at me, ha ha.

She turns 3 next month. Should I get her a Dolphin?

IMG_5518.jpg

Why not... :)

Quite right, uke1950!

I just ordered a Dolphin in pink burst for my niece Alice. I considered Diamond Head, Mahalo, and Eddy Finn, but decided in favor of the tried and true composite back Dolphin for a 3 year old. Can't go wrong. Even Barry Maz likes them!

Fingers crossed Alice will display the natural talent that Doug's adorable little friend obviously has. :)

My grandkids love my Outdoor Ukulele.

Attachments

• IMG_20160523_200958943.jpg
    IMG_20160523_200958943.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 27
I gave my twin grandsons their ukuleles when they were 11 days old. They are just over one month now and they are still having trouble with bar chords. :rolleyes:

IMG_5983.jpg

I think that their problem might be thumb position.

I think that you may be right, but of course it's baby steps, first they learn to suck on their thumbs, then they learn the correct position to place their thumb on the ukulele.

We were over in Melbourne for Xmas and while there our grandson was always intrigued when I played my Uke at their home. A while ago I had given his father a Uke to mess around with. This week the grandson has discovered that they have their own instrument in the house. He asks for it every day now.

IMG_1369.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom