Nud .... The biggest ukulele in the world evah!!!!!

LimousinLil

Reaction score
Just arrived this week ... my Pono Nui Big Baritone BT 10! Solid acacia and absolutely enormous; all the technical details can be found on sites far more worthy than mine. Purchased from Southern Ukuleles in Bournemouth, UK, where kindly manager, Rob, put up with two weeks of my vacillations before I actually committed myself to the purchase and even threw in a strap and a spare set of strings. The uke arrived here in France in record time ... or perhaps Rob wanted to get rid of it before I changed my mind again! Just as a size comparison, I have taken photos of the Pono, firstly next to my small, but perfectly formed, Rob Collins soprano and then with my Hora Baritone in between. This will definitely be my sole ukulele purchase for this year ... in fact, I may be in debt for the rest of my life! I have celebrated the new arrival with a song (but please don't be off put by my playing!)16403439_1327701500585828_703562213606101222_o.jpg16299778_1327697800586198_4864005939051506804_o.jpg16251871_1327698407252804_2596022014786138_o.jpg

Congratulations Val. It's enormous and sounds very lovely. Warm and resonant. :)

Sounds great Val! Congrats!

Looks YUGE compared to the soprano LOL. Best of luck with it! :music:

Apparently size does matter! Sounds great Lil, Congratulations.

LOL! ! ! I was trying to come up with something along those lines, but I am kind of glad you beat me to it!

Love the deep mellow tone and grain pattern of the Acacia! Lovely performance!

That's bigger than my car!

biggest uke .jpg"That's certainly a big one - but not quite the largest....... "

beautiful, Lil!

thank you for sharing your new ukulele and your talent with us.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the trouble to look at my amazingly huge ukulele and to make nice comments. Yes, size matters!!! Thanks, too, to those who have found photos of even larger (and, of course, totally unplayable!) ukes. And Debussychopin ... I am seriously worried about the size of your car!

I have one of those as well. Beautiful instrument! Enjoy your Nui!

Wow, congrats! It looks big enough to live in! I'd need 3 arms to hold it.

Congrats, looks awesome. The worlds biggest uke is actually a nylon stringed tenor guitar, but hey, what's in a name anyway.

Congrats, looks awesome. The worlds biggest uke is actually a nylon stringed tenor guitar, but hey, what's in a name anyway.

Do you really reckon that's the case? (I know what you're saying, but, having researched extensively, I had a feeling that this really WAS basically a ukulele ... albeit a very large one, rather than a tenor guitar.)

Top Bottom