NUD. Kala Solid Mahogany Baritone

Osprey

Reaction score
First pictures:

IMG_0055.jpgIMG_0053.jpgIMG_0054.jpgIMG_0056.jpg

Just over two weeks ago I was wandering around my local music shop prior to our Sat morning Uke Group Jam held at the store. I saw this ukulele hanging on the rack. The following Sat I took it off the rack, tuned it up and played one song with the group with it. I took some time to figure out the chords ahead of time. The next song different chord family and no time to sort them out ahead of time I couldn't keep up, but I was smitten by the Baritone sound. This past Saturday I bought it. After a few days of playing it, I am getting much better in finding the chords on the fly. I am not going to give up standard tuning and my tenor ukuleles, but I am loving my new rich sounding mahogany Baritone. My wife likes it also, so I'll get to keep it.

It's interesting, all of my ukulele purchases have been unplanned. I do think and plan on buying a certain ukulele but before I do something jumps up and I go a different direction. I have really enjoyed each one. Maybe planning on art is not as necessary. I was an engineer and project manager in my working life, now maybe I am letting my more spontaneous, free-spirited self out. Not such a bad thing.

Congratulations Cliff, that is one beautiful looking baritone. I love the appearance of dark stripped mahogany and this one certainly has it. SoloRule, one of our gang, has the same baritone and it sounds wonderful. Enjoy it........... being spontaneous seems to work out for you.;)

Top Bottom