Are the Worth Fat strings the same as the Worth baritone strings?

manfromtexas

Reaction score
Hey everybody -

I used to have Worth brown baritone strings on my baritone uke and it was heavenly. I experimented around with a bunch of other things for about a year and now I'm ready to get those browns back on there.

I don't have any of the Worth brown baritone strings on hand - but I do have 1/2 of a set of the Worth Brown Fat Low G strings. The previous half I had put on a tenor.

Are these two the same thing? Can I put the brown fats on the baritone and it be all good (tuning to DGBE)? They have the exact same specs on the Worth string page but wasn't sure if the Fat is a different material with harder tension than the baritone. Even if so - maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing - a little extra tension

I just want to make sure the uke isn't going to blow up or anything - you understand

Last edited:
If they're the same gauge, they're probably the same thing. The question is, is half a tenor set long enough to fit on a baritone. I had trouble putting half a soprano set on my soprano banjolele, which tie off on the end of the body. It worked, but barely...

I don't know about the material, but the Brown BB's are the same as the Tenor Fat gauges, The Low D on the BB's is 0.0358", if that is any help. I'm using the BB's with a 0.026" High d from the Tenor FAT set on my bari for re-entrant. I like the sound of re-entrant tuning. I like the Browns but wonder about a brighter sound. Are the Clears a little 'brighter"?

Fat Low-G BF-LG In Low-G specification 4th strings of BF. 63 0.0244 0.0291 0.0319 0.0358 $16
for Bariton B-B For Baritone ukulele 63 0.0244 0.0291 0.0319 0.0358 $16

Top Bottom