Handmade Cocobolo Super-Concert for Sale - Beautiful Sound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngakalden

Reaction score
Hi Ukesters.

I run an ukulele group in Oregon, near Portland, I'm sure there are UU members here who can vouch for me here.

I'm selling my precious longneck concert Cocobolo ukulele. It was a hard decision because my wife's instrument is made from the same tree. It's led many a great jam sessions.

I've decided to sell her becuase (1) I'm looking for a koa wood instrument and (2) I don't want to start aquiring ukes. I'd rather sell one first before investing in the next one.

This instrument has had it's action lowered to a very comfortable position by a professional. People tell me playing her is increabibly easy if not effortless. She has that rich cocobolo sound. She also comes with a K&K pickup for recording or amplification.

Here are the details.
- Cocobolo Ukulele #24
- Hand made
- Super Concert size
- Comes with K&K pickup installed
- Comes with Ukecrazy case
- Radius fretboard
- Mother of pearl fret markers
- Strap buttons installed
- There's a tiny scratch on the back of the neck

I'm selling her, including all of the add-ons, for $600 + Shipping. Which is steal considering that Cocobolo Ukes are not making custom instruments anymore and I've put about $200 worth of work into upgrading it!

Check out these picks and let me know if you're interested. I'm happy to jump on a Skype call if you want to hear it.

My skype ID: ngakalden
My email: joshua@tigardukes.com

View attachment 97549View attachment 97550View attachment 97551View attachment 97552View attachment 97553

That is a NICE uke, played it myself and it plays wonderful, neck is very nice also. I can vouch for Josh & the concert it is a beaut.

Beautiful Cocobolo! I wish I could have her, but we already have two Cocobolos. Or is it Cocoboli?

Just lovely! I am soon to be the owner of 2 "Cocoboli" as well, with a tenor on the way. There is no denying that incredible sound!

Super-Concert means 17-inch scale?

You should probably clarify what photos are of the uke for sale. I assume it is the photo with the post-it note. The other photos are clearly of a different uke. Some people might consider this deceiving or dishonest. I'm sure that was not your intention.

You should probably clarify what photos are of the uke for sale. I assume it is the photo with the post-it note. The other photos are clearly of a different uke. Some people might consider this deceiving or dishonest. I'm sure that was not your intention.

As a matter of fact, they are the same exact uke, as you can tell by the unique grain pattern on the front. The difference in the images is camera used.

The sticky-note picture was taken with my old iPhone 5. The others were professionally snapped.

Totally looks like a different ukulele!

If you look at the lighter sapwood, you can tell it is not the same ukulele!

It looks like the one with the post-it note has fret markers while the uke in the other photos do not have fret markers?

Last edited:
It looks like the one with the post-it note has fret markers while the uke in the other photos do not have fret markers?

Kevin Keith of Cocobolo Ukuleles will offer the purchaser of a uke the option to purchase fretmarkers prior to shipping. They are not always automatically installed. Often you will see his pictures on Facebook without fretmarkers.

Definitly not the same uke in all pictures, on the sound board the sap wood in the first picture runs past the fretboard, in the post-it note picture the sap wood is narrower than the fretboard.

Totally looks like a different ukulele!

If you look at the lighter sapwood, you can tell it is not the same ukulele!

I believe it is a different uke also...the sap wood looks totally different one has no sap wood next to the neck on the body and one has the sap wood on the side of the neck on the body...why would the OP try to fool the members of the UU...seems really fishy to me....

oops sorry for the repeat of the post above...must of been posting at the same time...:)

not sure I would believe the OP...after looking again at pictures..i see no pickup in either of the ukes......pretty sure if he comes back he will say the pickup was not installed yet?

my 2 cents

I would encourage the seller to address the concerns of the posters as to the sap wood and fret markers. Until he does so, I would request other members give him a chance to respond.

Last edited:
Thank you to the moderator for giving me a chance to respond to people's concerns.

I made a quick video showing the instrument and I play it for you a little bit. At the very least, I'd like you to see that I'm a real person and this is a real cocobolo ukulele, as I feel a lot of the negative comments were based on fear that I was being fraudulent. Let's put that to bed please.

[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B22wkfoDU_bNTWoxNDJiaS1tOFE/view?usp=sharing[/video]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B22wkfoDU_bNTWoxNDJiaS1tOFE/view?usp=sharing

Next, I apologize that the first images were from my wife's cocobolo, although similar, not exactly the same. Here are the images of this uke before the customizations. You'll notice it doesn't yet have the motherofpearl fret markers or pickup installed yet. That doesn't mean it's not the same uke, as the video will clearly show. I don't have a nice camera or lighting, so I felt the older images did a better job depicting the beauty of the grain. The video shows the instrument as of today (2/3/2017).

If you have further questions, I'm availble on private message or email.

View attachment 97556View attachment 97557View attachment 97558

This is a valid sale as I said earlier he is the leader of one of the uke groups I attend and I have played this one for sale, has a great neck. Those of you looking for a nice cocolobo, here it is

Hmmmm, still seems fishy. Can you please hold the uke up with the current days newspaper. Provide a blood sample and a drug test. Possibly even a pregnancy test just for good standing. Just Kidding :)
That cleared things up nicely. Good luck with the sell.

Next, I apologize that the first images were from my wife's cocobolo, although similar, not exactly the same.

Since you said they were from the same tree I thought you might have posted pictures of hers by mistake. Thanks for clearing it up.

I had two Cocobolos (a concert and a tenor). They are nice ukes. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks! Ya. The images of hers and mine are so similar. Thanks for your kind words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom