mainland uke strings

Choboy

Reaction score
ive been a proud owner of a mainland uke for the past 48 hours!
very beautiful instrument.

what strings do you use on your mainland? mines a soprano.
i was thinking about buying daddarios pro-arte strings for the soprano but i dont think they make sizes for soprano? is this true? all i see available is concert and tenor at the UU store and other websites.

what strings give you the best sound for your mainland? (also include what size your uke is please!)

ive been a proud owner of a mainland uke for the past 48 hours!
very beautiful instrument.

what strings do you use on your mainland? mines a soprano.
i was thinking about buying daddarios pro-arte strings for the soprano but i dont think they make sizes for soprano? is this true? all i see available is concert and tenor at the UU store and other websites.

what strings give you the best sound for your mainland? (also include what size your uke is please!)

Maybe you can still hit up MGM mike for some free strings to try out.

I'm with Link on that..
...my mahogany Concert came with Aquilas and it is a perfect match. I love the sound, and wouldn't want to change it.
Is yours a cedar? I've heard they sound better with Worths.

The Pro Artés aren't going to be good on a soprano. They're really, really thick. Try something on the thin side, like Worths, if you're looking for a mellow sound.

i have the aquilas on my soprano mahogany, and they sound great!

yea i have a mahogany soprano gloss finish (not sure if the gloss contributes to a sound difference).
the aquilas sound great... but just wondering if it can sound even great?!

My tenor/red cedar came with Aquilas and I will probably keep them on it. Goodchoice for this uke, I thought. The Pro-Artes are slightly smoother, but less volume.

Top Bottom