PDA

View Full Version : Collings "Doghair" Tenor

WhenDogsSing
02-06-2017, 05:51 AM
PRICE WILL BE REDUCED $10 A DAY UNTIL SOLD

I am selling my Collings all solid mahogany "doghair" finish tenor in my ongoing effort to downsize my collection. I have 3 Collings tenors and can not justify keeping all 3, all things considered.

This instrument has an excellent setup and plays easy with no buzzes. It has a nice warm tone with plenty of projection. It is a very nice, professional level instrument in nearly new condition, no cosmetic issues of any kind.

Photos and a video sound sample are attached below.

It is currently strung with a D'Addario wound low G and Seaquar clear fluorocarbon fishing leader line for the C, E, and A strings. Tuners are Pegheds.

The original Collings case, a D'Addario, and an Oasis humidifier are all included.

HMS sold this instrument originally for $2790. I purchased it from a fellow UU member. My current asking price is. which includes shipping within the CONUS. I will ship this instrument via USPS overnight delivery to minimize time and exposure in delivery. I anticipate shipping will run close to $100 for that service.

I prefer and accept PayPal.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Thanks for looking...!!!

https://youtu.be/CdFVg2dnZio

Mezcalero
02-06-2017, 06:11 AM
excellent playing sir, and beautiful looking and sounding instrument!

Those fishing line strings sound surprisingly good tonally. I am guessing the cost is next to nothing when you buy in bulk. Can you tell me which weights you are using? You can P.M. if you don't want to turn this thread into a discussion of strings.

Ukulele Eddie
02-06-2017, 06:12 AM
I was the original owner of this uke and cannot recommend it highly enough. It is THE best all 'hog I've ever heard. Many are strong in the middle but lack sparkle in the high end. Not this one. A lot of the Doghair ukes come with rosewood fretboard and bridge which aesthetically breaks the black/white theme. This one has ebony.

Warning to all, if you let it go too low I may buy it back! ;-)

mkatz
02-06-2017, 06:30 AM
Great sounding uke!

Mitch

warndt
02-06-2017, 06:35 AM
I'm not sure if the $10 a day price reduction is fair to other sellers if you bump the ad every day when lowering the price, as you have in the past. Yours stays on top of the listings while forcing everyone elses ads to quickly drop as a direct result. Just my opinion.

Update: Thanks WDS...the daily edit fixes all.

WhenDogsSing
02-06-2017, 06:48 AM
I'm not sure if the $10 a day price reduction is fair to other sellers if you bump the ad every day by lowering the price, as you have in the past. Yours stays on top of the listings while forcing everyone elses ads to quickly drop as a direct result. Just my opinion.

And any other seller can do the same.

WhenDogsSing
02-06-2017, 06:52 AM
excellent playing sir, and beautiful looking and sounding instrument!

Those fishing line strings sound surprisingly good tonally. I am guessing the cost is next to nothing when you buy in bulk. Can you tell me which weights you are using? You can P.M. if you don't want to turn this thread into a discussion of strings.

Thanks for your positive comment sir, I appreciate it.

I use 30 lb for the A, 40 lb for the E, and 50 lb for the C, regardless of the instrument size.

WhenDogsSing
02-06-2017, 06:53 AM
I was the original owner of this uke and cannot recommend it highly enough. It is THE best all 'hog I've ever heard. Many are strong in the middle but lack sparkle in the high end. Not this one. A lot of the Doghair ukes come with rosewood fretboard and bridge which aesthetically breaks the black/white theme. This one has ebony.

Warning to all, if you let it go too low I may buy it back! ;-)

Thanks for the positive comments Eddie.

sam13
02-06-2017, 08:06 AM
Great looking and sounding Use ... you play tremendously as well.

I think you should do what you want and not worry about how others sell their Ukes. People will get use to seeing it and will pass it by if they aren't interested.

Good luck.

WhenDogsSing
02-06-2017, 08:11 AM
Great looking and sounding Use ... you play tremendously as well.

I think you should do what you want and not worry about how others sell their Ukes. People will get use to seeing it and will pass it by if they aren't interested.

Good luck.

Thanks Sam.

Mxyzptik
02-06-2017, 03:38 PM
Well if I could possibly afford it I would take it in a second. I have a Collings UT2 mahogany and love it but I'll admit the first time I saw the dog hair version I was smitten ! BTW you play it beautifully.

WhenDogsSing
02-08-2017, 12:13 AM
Sale pending.

strumsilly
02-08-2017, 02:39 AM
Sale pending.darn, I was hoping I could afford it in 3 or 4 months.

Uke man
02-08-2017, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I was waiting for a month or two. I thought it would look good next to my all white and ebony Collings.

Congrats on the sale.

morris3640
02-09-2017, 06:03 PM
I am surprised you want to sell this incredible instrument. I had a friend wait 12 months to get his dog hair Uke.

Debussychopin
02-09-2017, 06:07 PM
Sale pending.

Nice. I was looking forward to buying this sometime in November when it would be a mere fifty bucks or so, but as they say, if you snooze you lose.

WhenDogsSing
02-10-2017, 05:06 AM
This instrument has been sold.