Tuner for Kala Cali

Croakie

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a tuner that has worked well on a Kala Cali?

Are you referring to the California made Kala Ubass? My Rumbler has a built in tuner, but I checked my Snark and D'addario NS micro tuners and they work fine. The NS micros are nice, not too expensive and small enough, you can just leave them on and they won't be intrusive at all.

Yeah the non-acoustic California model. I have a Snark that sometimes will not work on the E,

Try playing the 12th fret harmonic. I have found most inexpensive tuners struggle with bass notes, but can usually deal with the 12th fret harmonic.

The TC Electronic Polytune Clip tuner works fine with my 4-string Kala California, even on the E string. The Snark SN-6 that I used before in contrast often made problems on this and other basses (for which it is not made indeed).

Hey, Thanks phloxxo. Checked it out online and it sounds like just what I was looking for.

I have an acoustic-electric Cali, so this may not help. But I use a Snark with no problems on any of the strings. I also use a little Korg pedal tuner with no problems.

Top Bottom