WTB tenor uke for around $100-150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janina

Reaction score
Update: budget increased to $200 but must include hard case.

My father in law would like to try playing an ukulele. He plays the banjo now. He wants a tenor size. Trying to help him find a decent instrument (that has been set up properly) for not too much money.
Let me know if you have anything.
Thanks

Last edited:
I have nice mahogany Asian import fpr sale in your price rangee. pm me for detailsif interested.
Bluechip

Check out reverb you'll find a lot in your criteria
Search 'makala tenor'
Lot of the sellers (ask them) will set them up properly for you. I can vouch for Chicago music exchange. But a lot of these kala brands come well set up out of the box relatively.

Last edited:
I did check out HMS but they don't have any of the lower end ukes in stock right now. I will check Mims and Reverb.

And if you want to go under budget, try one of the Caramel models. They are coming pretty well dialed in and they offer various wood choices for much less than other brands. And as I just posted, you can save up for a good mid-level instrument as you play a $40-$85 tenor in the meantime.

I have an Ohana thinline model available and could let it go for $150. It is laminate mahogany but well setup from Mim. It has some oddball strings on it at the moment (Eb cuatro) but I could put some M600s on it if you wanted a normal string set.

Thanks everyone. I just got word that my MIL gave my FIL a $200 budget for the whole thing. So he needs it shipped to his house and eithe rmoney left over for a card case or hard case included for $200. Any suggestions or anybody have something?

I have a Kala archtop tenor that I will sell with a very nice hardshell case shipped to your FIL for $200. The instrument is a tangerine sunburst laminated body tenor that is set up for easy playability. It is in as new condition. If you are interested, I will post some photos after I get done eating lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom