Hello from NJ

andy2353

Reaction score
Hi

I am very thankful for all the information I have already learned from the contributors to this site. I have been playing for just a few months. Have 5 children and the oldest is 6, so I needed a hobby to calm me down at night. Anyone out there from northern New Jersey? I would like to find a uke club around here...

Andy

Welcome! Five kids and oldest is six? Wow!!

Welcome to UU Andy.

Welcome Andy, I am down at exit 10 of the GSP, I think there are several members in northern NJ, you should be fine. Welcome and enjoy the journey!

Do you like the Pono MTD CR Tenor? I recently ordered that model after playing on a borrowed uke the last few months.

Andy

Welcome to UU!

Welcome from central NJ! Check out the NJ Uke Fest in North Jersey in August! (Link in my sig) There are a number of uke player in The Folk Project, based in Morristown.

- FiL

Do you like the Pono MTD CR Tenor? I recently ordered that model after playing on a borrowed uke the last few months.

Andy

I like it a lot, it is very easy to play and the sound is on the warm side, which is what I was looking for. It is on the heavy (weight) side with the rod in the neck, but it is not a distraction. It does have a radius fingerboard, however to me there seems to be very little difference between the flat and radius fingerboard. Hope this helps.

Welcome! My grandkids (6 and under) love me to play them to sleep.

Top Bottom