NUD: Rob Collins / Tin Guitar 5 string tenor

we tigers

Reaction score
Took delivery of a new (to me) ukulele yesterday. It's a gorgeous five string tenor made by Rob Collins from the UK. English walnut with a laburnum fretboard. Sound is warm and soothing. Love it!

Beautiful! Enjoy!!

Rob is a brilliant luthier and very nice bloke too. Enjoy. For what it's worth, my 7 year old daugher thinks he's her hero. Partly because he makes her laugh with fart jokes..

Wow! Michael that is a gorgeous walnut 5-string from Rob. Congrats! Looking forward to hearing it. The high/low g strings expands the range and provides nice harmonics. I found 5-strings more playable than a 6-string.

Beautiful! Enjoy!!
thank you. I will!

Rob is a brilliant luthier and very nice bloke too. Enjoy. For what it's worth, my 7 year old daugher thinks he's her hero. Partly because he makes her laugh with fart jokes..

I've been looking at his ukes for a couple of years now. I'm very happy to own one now! And fart jokes are the best.

Wow! Michael that is a gorgeous walnut 5-string from Rob. Congrats! Looking forward to hearing it. The high/low g strings expands the range and provides nice harmonics. I found 5-strings more playable than a 6-string.
Thanks, Hodge! You're right about the harmonics. The sound is much broader then with a four string. And I'm still able to pick just the high G when weaving melodies. I might want to try and lover the action though. I think there's some room for improvement in that department.

Congratulations Michael! It's beautiful. Looking forward to hearing you play it more than just looking at it though, I confess! Peace mate.

Top Bottom