Is Booli okay?

Griffis

Reaction score
Haven't seen him around lately. Maybe I've just missed him. I know he was ill for awhile. Check in, Booli!

Someone dangle an ukulele on the end of a stick and see if we can lure him out... :)

STRING CHANGING?????

MICROPHONES?????

PICK UPS?????

RECORDING SOFTWARE?????

There the water has been chummed. He should surface like a great white shark after Roy Schneider

Haven't seen him around lately. Maybe I've just missed him. I know he was ill for awhile. Check in, Booli!

Thanks for the concern brother Griffis.

Yes, despite having gotten the Flu shot in late October, I had been sick for the first time in just over a year and this time it hit me pretty hard. Flu-like symptoms that the battle with had overshadowed all other needs and desires. Better now though, but I was down for a 10-count.

Also, I am the sole caretaker of my elderly and terminally ill mother who is 75 and lives with me, and she got sick at the same time as me, and required lots of extra care, with a trip to 2 different doctors, and with all of this I've not been getting more than five consecutive minutes of free time, nor more than about 5 hrs sleep per day and if it were not for hot coffee and chocolate fudge brownies, right now I would be suffering badly.

So my time for UU has been all but gone, but it's nice to know that I have been missed. :)

I still have lots of offline things to catch up on before I can return to my normal level of participation here on UU, but I plan to be fully engaged once again - so don't lose hope...

Post again when you can, Booli. I know life can get in the way from time to time. I always find your posts to be educational. Evan though we have not interacted that much I do pay attention to your posts. I did take the Baritone plunge and I am quite enjoying it.

Hang in there Booli, stay Jersey Strong, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

STRING CHANGING?????

MICROPHONES?????

PICK UPS?????

RECORDING SOFTWARE?????

There the water has been chummed. He should surface like a great white shark after Roy Schneider

:rotfl:

All jokes aside, it's nice to have someone so passionate about those topics to answer our questions. Hang in there, Booli! And just so you know, that CF27 string you suggested in my Titaniums to Clears thread is on its way from HMS to me. They oversold the hardcase I ordered for my soprano and offered me strings as appeasement. Good time to try that one.

I've been seeing Booli posts recenly, we've even PMed a bit, but I too say take care and best wishes to both of you.

Hi B-man,

Glad to hear you are self-medicating with chocolate brownies :) Keep yourself well and I look forward to your return to full UU involvement.

The trouble with the flu injections is you get them (certainly in the UK) at the time when all the different flu and cold germs are doing their damnedest.
The jab won't protect you against all of them - you can suffer from any but hopefully not all of the others!
I have been lucky any flu type reaction to the flu jab only lasted 48hrs max. (Swine Flu jab gave m a welling arm of all things).

I read your comments on this forum with interest.
My best wishes to you and your mother for a speedy recovery. (My folks are both in their mid eighties and any illness really takes it out of them).
The "auld fella" swears by whiskey and ginger.....

Just thought you were busy with all the things you had lined up to do. :)

(I know how hard it is looking after someone else, hang in there, friend.)

Top Bottom