Driving with a uke in front

valde002

Reaction score
Sometimes I drive around with a uke near the front seat... For times when I am in traffic and just sit there. Or if I am waiting for the kids or something. ***Disclaimer, of course I never drive and uke at the same time!***

But if I rest it in the front seat it slides off. Also, if I stand it up between to my seat and the console, it falls. Any suggestions? What do you all do with your uke in the front seat?

Completely understand you...I do it all the time!!!

Buy a baby seat and strap it in.

Strap it on, but just don't play it until you're parked or waiting.

Try not to hit a tree or head-on a car. You might ruin your Uke. Think of a good explanation for the cop. :eek:ld:

Outdoor tenor rides around with me, either in the front or back depending on whether or not I have a passenger. Sometimes I tell said passenger they have to play the uke if they are going to ride with me!

If you gotta have it that close to you, attach a tote bag handle over the headrest on the passenger seat, and put it in there.

Last edited:
I have mine in a gig bag and it lays in the back foot well, passenger side. I can just reach back behind me and easily grab it. Keeping it in the front seat is not a good idea, if you slam on the brakes that uke will go flying into the dash board or windshield. Ask me how I know this :wallbash:

Last edited:
Hard enough to dodge drivers while texting, now drivers playing ukuleles. I wait for hand free model or Bluetooth. Lol

I keep mine in the case/padded gig bag and click the passenger seatbelt through the handle. I always case my ukes so it is a small thing to unlatch/unzip to access the ukulele when opportunity arises.

I have mine in a gig bag and it lays in the back foot well, passenger side. I can just reach back behind me and easily grab it. Keeping it in the front seat is not a good idea, if you slam on the brakes ...

That's what I was going to say...

Even if you play at a light or in stopped traffic, a cop will ticket you. My friend plays his harmonica, I would never take such a chance.

Get a tall. narrow cardboard box that fits the uke and place on the seat with a seatbelt, or in the back on the floor. Tho I like the bag over the headrest idea.

Top Bottom